3| meet the new kim taehyung

Jungkook—

The school was the same as before; boring and decaying. The white walls were peeling, and the linoleum floor was stained and dirty.

I wrinkled my nose, in distaste, and headed towards the front office, to receive my schedule. The lady, sitting behind the front desk, did a double take, when she saw me.

"Jungkook? You came back from America?" She asked, incredulously. I gave a small smile, and nodded, "yes, I've finally come home. Apparently, my parents needed me back, so I can learn more about the company." The woman's eyes widened, before she batted her lashes, at me. "Well, if you need any help readjusting to the school, you know where to find me."

She handed me my schedule, and I gave her a subtle wink.

"Will do."

Gross.

Quickly, I stepped out of that stuffy office, and walked down the familiar halls. Nothing seemed to have changed about this school.

I wonder if they'll accept me, again, I thought, somberly. I wonder if they'll care if I came back at all.

Sighing, I hitched the strap of my backpack up my shoulder, and pulled my lips to the side. I guess it doesn't matter if they want me back. I mean, I was the one who was willing to drop them, because of some petty little thing. Of course, I regret what I'd done, but that doesn't mean that I care. I don't care if my ex-friends want to reconcile with me or not. I, definitely, don't care about what had happened to Taehyung, after I'd left. I really, don't. Nothing really matters to me anymore.

Something that I've learned, when I went to America, was that every high school is the same. You have those kids that you respect, and want to be friends with. You have those people you'd rather avoid, and you have those who you have no problem with. When I arrived, I was swarmed by the students, in my new school. I knew I had good looks, and everyone is always excited to meet the new kid. I, immediately, became popular, and participated in activities that I wasn't sent there for.

I went to parties, I got drunk, and had sex with random girls. Yet, I didn't care. I was still a good student, so that my parents would believe that I was doing well, but in reality...I was so lost, and confused. I felt stressed and anxious for no reason, and I still don't know why.

Something in me had changed after I'd left, and I still don't know what was wrong with me.

Loud shouting broke me out of thoughts, as I turned the corner.

There was a poor kid, pushed up against the wall, the collar of his uniform clenched in someone's fist.

"P-please! Have mercy on me!" The guy whimpered, pathetically. The one holding him, chuckled, lowly.

"Right. Sure. Like the mercy you showed to that freshman, because he bumped into you? What makes you think that'll I'll go easy on you? Because you didn't seem to go easy on that kid before."

That made me raise my eyebrows, in interest. That guy wasn't beating up that kid for no reason. He was punishing the younger for hurting someone weaker than him. I had to admit, I admired the guy, for that. You don't see people doing that these days.

"H-he didn't just bump into me! H-he d-did that on purpose!" The kid lied. You could tell that he was lying, from his eyes.

The guy snorted, and slammed the sophomore against the wall, and leaned in close. "Don't you lie to me, I saw everything, so blabbering your mouth doesn't change a single damn thing."

Tears leaked out of the kid's eyes, "please! Kim Taehyung! Spare me!"

My blood froze, making me wonder if I'd heard that right.

That's what happened to Taehyung? How did sweet, innocent, Taehyung become this?

I was so surprised, that my stupid mouth blurted out, "Taehyung?"

He turned around, and I felt like my breath had been swept out of me. He's changed.

He looked much more mature, and his once skinny and lanky body was more masculine. His shoulders had grown broader, and his frame seemed to have more muscle to it. Of course, if we talking about muscles, then mine would win by a mile, but for Taehyung, he'd seemed to grow up.

And his face. His face was beautiful.

But that face was scowling at me, like I'd just slapped a puppy.

"What are you doing back here?" He asked, voice low. He let go of the kid, who shot me a sympathetic look, before scurrying off.

Taehyung walked up right to my face, a murderous gleam in his eyes. "Who told you to fucking come back here?" He screamed at me.

I flinched, not expecting him to cuss. The old Taehyung would never curse. I guess it was my fault that he turned out like this.

I raised my arms up, in surrender. "Calm down, Taehyung. I'm not going to be bothering you, I swear. I just came back, because my parents want me to start learning the ropes of the company. I'll leave you alone, okay?"

That seemed to take most of the heat, from his eyes, and he only glared at me, backing away a little. "Fine, that's fine. Just don't talk to me, if you can help it. Don't come to me, if you don't have to, and don't even have my name leave your mouth. Got it?" With that, he spun on his heels, and marched away. I stared at his long legs, as they trekked away from me.

"What have you done, Jungkook?" I sighed.

"Let's start off with you hurting him."

I yelped, and spun around to find Jimin frowning at me, arms crossed across his chest.

"Ji-Jimin?" I stammered. He pulled his lips to the side, "welcome back, Jeon. Meet the new Kim Taehyung."

Taehyung—

He just had to come back. He just had to.

Once I started feeling better, that son of a bitch just had to come back, and confuse me again.

I almost lost it when I saw his face. Hell, I almost lost it when I heard his voice. I wanted nothing more, than to fling into his arms, and have him hold me. To have him revert me back to my old self.

But, I stayed calm. He was the one who changed me anyway. He was the one who hurt me, so why do I keep hoping that he'll love me? I'm such a damned fool! Now, that he's back I have no choice, but to keep my cold front up, in hopes that my feelings will completely, forever, wither away. I want to have nothing to do with that bastard.

Hopefully, he will heed my warning of staying away, or I might just fall back into those eyes again. If he tries to pursue me, I'll definitely fall again. I might just break.

"Jeon Jungkook, what have you done?"

I didn't know how to type my idea down, so I tried my best with this chapter lol.

-Author-nim