24| what is it, hyung? i got some snitching to do!

Jungkook—

"Not eating and taking a shower won't wake Taehyung up, you know," Hoseok spoke softly. As if I was like fragile glass. Jimin placed a gentle hand on my shoulder, while Yoongi frowned, slightly, at the bedded silver boy. I pressed my palms against my face, feeling another bout of tears form in my eyes. "It's my fault," I choked on a sob. "If only I was the one on the outside, he wouldn't be hit." My hands dropped to my lap when Yoongi smacked the side of my head. "Are you an idiot or something? This was no one's fault. No one would've seen this coming."

Sighing, I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, and went back to staring at my boyfriend. Even in a semi-coma he's still ethereal. I reached over to brush the pad of my thumb over his cheek. It's been three days since the accident and I haven't left Taehyung's side since the moment he was placed in this room. He's got a few broken bones, a fractured rib, and a concussion to top it all off. Now, he won't even wake up!

Jimin gripped my shoulder, and pulled me up to my feet. "Come on, let's get you home. I don't think Taehyung would want to wake up to some monkey from the zoo." In one quick moment, I was whisked away from my boyfriend and dragged out into the parking lot and shoved into Hoseok's car. Jimin sat up in the front with the redhead while Yoongi shoved me aside to sit in the back. "You seriously stink," he stated, wrinkling his nose. I eyed him warily, but didn't dare to give a retort.

The thrumming of the engine and the softly played pop songs from the radio eased my tensed muscles and eventually all I could see was black.

In my dream the doctor was telling me that Taehyung had slipped into a full coma and probably will never wake up. In my dream I was crying and screaming, holding onto Taehyung's hand pleading for him to open his eyes. To twitch his fingers. Anything. In my dream I went to the roof of the hospital building, and peered down at the rushing streets beneath me. In my dream I took a deep breath and climbed over the rails, holding onto the metal poles tightly. In my dream I let go and fell with my eyes closed and my heart torn. In my dream I died the same day as Taehyung.

I don't want that dream to be reality.

"Jungkook! Hey, wake up!"

I jolted in my seat, and ended up face-diving into the leather headrest in front of me. "Ow, that was my nose," I muttered. Jimin sighed, and pulled me out of the car. "I really don't want to touch your nasty self, but nothing else will make you move." Hoseok chuckled, lightly, from the driver's seat. "Jimin, I'll pick you up in an hour, okay?" Jimin nodded and waved good-bye to the redhead and Yoongi before he yanked me up the stairs to Taehyung's apartment, and fished out a set of spare keys. The blonde unlocked the door, and shoved me inside. "Go take a bath, Kook. You'll need it," he said, curtly, before plopping down on the couch, and turning on the TV.

Rolling my eyes, I walked down the hall to the bedroom Taehyung and I shared, frowning immediately when I stepped inside. Everything smelled like him. Everything reminded me of him. Everything, everything, everything. I slapped my cheek, relishing in the slight sting. What was I thinking? Taehyung isn't dead yet, and like hell I would let him die before we even graduated high school. I grabbed some clean clothes and locked myself in the bathroom.

The shower was cold and cleared my mind a bit. I leaned my head against the tile wall, sighing through my nose. "Please wake up soon, hyung," I mumbled, closing my eyes. "I don't know what I will do without you." Suddenly, a stroke of epiphany hit me like a ten ton truck. "Holy shit, why haven't I done that, yet!" I exclaimed. There was a banging from outside of the bathroom, and I heard Jimin knocking on the door. "Hey! What happened? If you are doing something stupid I won't hesitate to kick the door down and make you pay for the replacement!"

I quickly got out of the shower and toweled off as quickly as I could. I pulled my clothes on in a rush, and ran out of the bathroom, knocking Jimin over in the process. "Ow! What the hell? Where did all of this energy come from all of a sudden?" He demanded, getting up from the floor. I turned on my heel, and smacked my hands onto his shoulders. "Hyung! We need to go to the police right now!" He gave me a look like I'd suddenly grown horns out of my head. "Like hell we are! What are you even blabbering about?"

Shaking my head, frantically, I grabbed my phone out of my old jeans and rushed out of the bedroom and down the hall. "I can't believe my brain waited for three fucking days to remember that I have the license plate number of the car that hit Taehyung!" I groaned, yanking on my shoes. "Come to think of it, that guy was saying something about a broken window and pay back or some shit." I was about to sprint out of the apartment, but was held back by Jimin. "What is it, hyung? I got some snitching to do!' He rolled his eyes before pointing at my shirt. "You're wearing that backwards. No one is going to take a kid seriously if he can't even wear his own damn clothes correctly."

I blinked, in surprise, and looked down at my shirt. Quickly, I readjusted it, and grabbed Jimin's wrist. "Come on, let's go report this to the police."

Jimin sighed, and nodded, patting my back. "Okay, but get your death grip off of my poor arm, and we're walking. I'm not going to take a run all the way down to the police station."

"Fine, fine! Let's just go, already!"

Jimin—

"Hello?"

"Jimin?

"What is it, Hoseok?"

"Where are you?"

"Jungkook and I are getting out of the police station. We just finished reporting the hit-and-run incident. Why?"

"Stay there, I'm coming to pick you guys up."

"What's going on?"

"It's Taehyung."

Who wants to be my cell mate? #ARMYsGoingToJailParty :p

Also, sorry for the crappy chapter. The time skips are so messy :(

-Author-nim