14| what game was he playing, exactly?

Taehyung—

Jungkook has been avoiding me recently, I just know it. Whenever I text him if he was alright, he'd answer in short responses, and whenever I tried talking to him in school, he'd barely give me any attention. It was like back then...did he no longer find interest in me anymore like back then?

The thought made me pull my lips up, bemused. What game was he playing, exactly?

Angrily, I stuffed my textbook into my backpack, and marched out of the classroom, not even sending one glance behind to see if the younger was watching. If he was playing some elaborate lie on me, then I'll accept it and move on. What was the point in all of this anyway?

Irritation swelled up within my chest, resulting in me banging my fist against a random locker. "That damn son of a bitch," I growled. "Looks like someone's sexually frustrated," a voice remarked, from beside me. I sighed, and sent a glare at Hoseok. "What is it, hyung?"

He shrugged, "oh nothing. It's just that...hmm that seems to be my locker you're taking your anger out on?" I glanced at the rusty steel door, and pushed off of it. "Sorry," I muttered. He grinned, his sunshine smile. "Oh no worries. Now, why don't you tell your hyungie, what's wrong, hm?"

Scowling, I brushed past him, "nothing's wrong, hyung." The elder snorted, "'nothing's wrong,' my ass. Come on! What's got you all wound up?"

"Absolutely nothing!" I yelled, over my shoulder, as I marched away.

Absolutely nothing.

School was over, and I could finally get away from all of the stress clouding in my brain. I walked out the front doors and down the steps, and was about to walk across the parking lot to get to the sidewalk, until a car honked its horn at me.

Squinting my eyes, I peered through the windshield, before a massive grin overtook my features. The window rolled down, and Jin hyung poked his head out from the passenger seat. "Get in, Tae Tae!" I rushed to get into the car, receiving a huge hug from the broad-shouldered man. "Jin hyung!" I smiled, widely. He was one of the only people who could make me feel like the old Taehyung again. Carefree and bubbly. Absolutely child-like.

"Namjoon hyung," I greeted, getting a hug in return as well. "I didn't know you two came back from university." Namjoon stepped on the gas, and pulled out of the school, letting his boyfriend talk.

"We're just visiting for three days, before heading back," Jin explained. "But, I wanted to see my little Taehyungie, before we meet everyone else." The big grin on my face slowly ebbed away. "Oh...right. I suppose you still think I'm some depressed little shit."

Jin turned around in his seat with a scowl on his face. He reached over and smacked the closest body part to him, which was my knee. "No cursing! I don't care if you're Yoongi or whatever, none of my children will curse."

Sighing, I slumped back in my seat, "but it's true right?"

"Maybe," Namjoon responded. "I mean, I got a text from Hobi, earlier, saying that you were abusing his locker for some odd reason." Jin nodded, facing the front again. "And not to mention that Jimin caught us both up with your situation with Jungkookie."

I brought my lips up into a wry smile, "so basically they're worried, and snitched on me to my parents."

Jin grinned at me through the rearview mirror, "exactly! My baby's so smart!"

"Hyung!" I groaned.

We were seated at the pizza restaurant, with the oozy goodness placed in front of us. Namjoon took a slice, and bit into it. "Eat first, talk later," he mumbled past the food in his mouth. "Don't talk while you eat," Jin scolded, taking a napkin, and wiping at the corner of Namjoon's lip. I smiled at the couple, longingly. I wanted to be like that with Jungkook, but I doubt that day will ever come. Not with the situation being like it is now.

Sighing, I grabbed a slice, and took a big chomp out of it. Might as well take advantage of the free food, presented to me.

Finally, after a few minutes of silence, Jin wiped his hand of the oil, and laced his fingers, in front of him. "So? What happened? I'm pretty sure the reason why you were acting up today relates to Jungkook."

I took a deep breath through my nose, and took a sip of my soda. "I really don't know," I muttered. "Everything seemed fine between us three days ago, but suddenly he got distant with me. He barely talks to me anymore, and tries to avoid sitting beside me during lunch. He doesn't even look me in the face whenever I try to speak to him, and it seems like his mind is always elsewhere when I ask him what's wrong. He always answers 'nothing's wrong, hyung,' and that's it."

Namjoon slurped his drink, before shrugging, "maybe there's a problem, but he doesn't know how to address it."

I pulled my lips to the side, "or maybe he was just playing some elaborate joke on me this whole time." Jin frowned, "I doubt that. Why would he bother with you again when he tried so hard to get rid of you before? It just doesn't make sense."

Groaning, and I slammed my elbows onto the table, and buried my face into my hands. "I don't know anymore! I don't know!"

That received me a smack to the head. Namjoon scowled at me, "shut it, will ya? We're in public. This is no place for your melodrama."

Jin shook his head, and patted his boyfriend's arm. "Just try talking to him alright?" I scowled, "I've tried that, and he doesn't respond."

"Well then, you're just going to have to try harder now don't you?"

Why me?

Jungkook—

Somebody help me.

I can't breathe.

Let me out of this nightmare.

I'm sorry!

I SAID I'M SORRY, GODDAMMIT, LET ME OUT!

Please.

Let me wake up.

Let me wa—

I threw the covers off of my sweat-drenched body, and stumbled out of bed, and towards my bathroom. Shoving the door aside, I dropped to my knees, and retched into the toilet. Tears ran down my cheeks, and I slumped against the putrid-smelling basin in defeat.

Why me?

Ooh, cliffhangers?

-Author-nim