17| i'm fine

Jungkook—

I endured every hit, not letting one cry slip past my clenched teeth. We'd agreed that he'd only hurt me in areas where it wouldn't be visible. So far my stomach and legs were a popular spot.

"You. Have. No. Idea. How. Frustrating. It. Is. To. Be. Me," he growled between punches. The final blow was a shove to the ground and a stomp on my back. Blowing out a breath, he tossed a grin towards me. "Thanks for letting me vent, Jungkookie. See you later." With that, he walked away, whistling a happy tune, whilst stuffing his hands into his pockets.

Groaning, I flipped over on my back, and limply hung an arm over my eyes, taking in deep shaky breaths. Slowly, I got back up on my feet, and limped back to class. Once, I got close to the room, I tried to mask the obvious shaking in my body, so Taehyung wouldn't notice anything.

I slumped into my seat, and leaned my head against the desk, vaguely listening to the teacher. I just wanted something good to happen to for once. What did I do in my past life to have this one suck so hard? Sighing, I closed my eyes, tiredly. Wouldn't it be nice if things went my way for once?

"Jungkook. Jungkook? Jungkook! Fucking wake up, you brat!"

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder. I hissed, since that was where Yugyeom had stomped on with his heavy shoes. "Are you alright, Kookie?" I froze at the nickname. Shit, I can't let him know that I'm getting bullied. Grinning, I peeled my face off of my desk, and gathered my things together. "Yeah, I'm great hyung," I replied swinging my bag over my shoulder, trying my best not to show any pain on my face. "Just a little sleepy. I was up playing games last night, and didn't get enough sleep."

Taehyung frowned, in concern and smacked the back of my head, lightly. "Pabo. Go to sleep early tonight, okay?"

I decided to continue staying home by myself after the deal with Yugyeom. I didn't need Taehyung seeing these bruises. Some were dark purple and very noticeable if I was wearing something other than my school uniform.

Nodding, I grinned, "you worry too much about me hyung. I'm fine." He raised an eyebrow, and lifted his lips, slightly. "Of course I worry about you. I care about you, you know." I fought back tears, and smiled, "aww, that's so sweet of you." I wrapped an arm around his shoulders, cheekily. "Oh, get off of me, kid," he grumbled. "Nah, I'm too lazy," I stuck out my tongue.

Good. He was distracted and forgot about my slip-up earlier. If he had any suspicions that I was getting used as a punching bag, then he'd go ballistic. Or worse, he'd be disappointed in me for not telling him, and leave me. I don't what I would do if he left me.

We parted ways to go to our next classes. Sighing, I trudged to second period, hiding my limp as best as I could. Suddenly, an arm draped over my shoulders, and I looked up to find the person I wanted to see the least. "You know the drill."

"Not now, Yugyeom," I pleaded. "Class is about to start, and you already blew off some steam just earlier." He shrugged, and tightened the grip on my shoulder, digging into the bruise. "I get angry easily." I winced, tears brimming my eyes. "Please, stop. Not now. I have a limit you know," I mumbled, my vision starting to fade. The pain was beginning to cloud my brain, shutting it down.

I couldn't collapse right here in the hall, because if someone brought me to the nurse they'd see all the bruises on my body. But, I couldn't help it either. It was too much. Tears started spilling out my eyes, in response to the pain.

"Aww, crying aren't we? You're still the weak little bitch from before," he sneered into my ear. My knees buckled, and I sagged against the latter. His grip on my wounds didn't waver, in fact they only tightened.

"Please," I whispered.

~Two Years Ago~

"You're so useless! I told you to get me a sandwich, not a bun!" He roared, kicking me in the stomach, and throwing the pastry at my head. "I-it was all they had," I whimpered, bracing for another round of assault. Yugyeom shook his head, and kicked my head. "Useless bitch."

He began bullying me in tenth grade because I was weak and an easy target, and he was a problematic teen with daddy issues. Everyday, I would hide my scars and bruises and pretend that everything was okay, when in reality nothing was alright. There were many moments when I wanted to end it all or cut, but I refrained from doing that. I was too scared to do self-harm and suicide was never the answer.

Well, that was what I always told myself.

I was ecstatic when I found out that he was moving to Seoul. I began to heal and started working out at the gym. I never wanted to get bullied ever again. I never wanted to be the one who got intimidated ever again. Never again.

"I'm not weak," I muttered through clenched teeth. "But for Taehyung, I won't fight back." He grinned, "and that's why you're weak. You're whipped for someone who doesn't feel the same way." I tried to open my mouth to say something back, but my lips were too heavy to move. The only thing I could do was cry and cry. It hurt so much.

Help.

"What the fuck are you doing to my Jungkook?"

Suddenly, the hold on my bruises was gone, and I slumped against the wall. Once my vision cleared I found myself watching Taehyung straddling Yugyeom and lifting him up by his hair. Taehyung pulled back his fist and plowed it straight into the latter's face. He gripped the sides of Yugyeom's head and slammed it against the tiles.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing with Jungkook?" He roared, standing up, and stomping his foot into the other's stomach. He kicked Yugyeom's side, before kicking his head. "Don't touch Jungkook!" Taehyung growled, kicking his head again.

"Break it up! Get back!"

My eyes began to droop, tiredly.

"Jungkook? Kookie? Please, wake up! Are you alright? Stay with me."

"Get these two to the infirmary. Taehyung, you're coming with me."

I reached out, and weakly grasped onto the elder's clothes. "N-no!" I cried, hoarsely. "H-he d-didn't do anything." My head drooped wearily. "I'll be fine, Jungkook. Just rest up and get better for me, okay?" He placed a hand on my cheek and patted my head. "I'll be back soon."

The warmth of his hand was the last thing I felt, before I lost consciousness.

We're almost there! Thiiiss close to the fluff!

-Author-nim