32| i can't believe you

Jungkook—

"Honestly, Jungkook, don't worry me like that," Taehyung sighed, pressing a warm cloth to my forehead. A small smile stretched on my lips, "I'm sorry." Even when he's mad at me, he still coddles me like a child. It's adorable. I raised my hand to cup his cheek, brushing the pad of my thumb over soft skin. I saw how his body tensed, but he still leaned into my touch. I still have a chance.

I propped myself up on my elbows, and gripped the cushion of the couch for leverage. Slowly, I pulled myself up in a sitting position, before I faced the elder. "Taehyung, I need to explain things to you." He sighed through his nose, expression softening. "I've been thinking over it, and I realized that I got mad and didn't even give you a chance to talk to me. For that I apologize. I was going to listen to whatever you had to say tomorrow at school." I wanted to hold him, but I refrained. I doubt Taehyung would appreciate the gesture at the moment.

Leaning my back against the arm rest of the couch, I began talking. "Apparently my parents had gone to Busan during their business trip and worked with an influential company for a while. When they came home they brought back Bae Ju Hyun with them." Taehyung's eyes grew wide, "seriously? Her parents' company is really powerful." I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't really pay attention to those things. Anyway, we were supposed to be married in a month, and I absolutely hated that girl. She was a little rude smartass. The last straw was when she declared that she was my fiancé in front of you yesterday." Tears brimmed in my eyes at the memory. "I called for you to come back and let me explain..."

Taehyung threw his arms around me, pulling my face into his neck. "I'm sorry, Kookie," he whispered, stroking a hand through my hair. I continued to finish my explanation with my forehead resting against the elder's collarbone. "After school I had a mental break down and then Ju Hyun came into my room to explain to me why she agreed to get married in the first place. Which, let me tell was really stupid. She saw her girlfriend at the club with some guy, who turned out to be the girl's older brother, but Ju Hyun didn't know that and got pissed. Apparently I was some kind of rebound. In the end I came out to my parents, so I'm officially not a Jeon anymore."

Taehyung tensed, and pushed my shoulders gently to look at me in the eyes. "You came out?" He asked, softly. I smiled, and placed my hands on his small waist, "only for you, Tae." The silver-haired male's smile was watery and shaky. "I can't believe you," he sighed, slipping his arms around my torso, and leaning his head against my chest. "I'm sorry for making you go through all of that. Your anxiety must've gotten worse, because of me. I'll make it up, I promise." I patted his soft fluffy hair and kissed the top of his head, "I'll only suffer for you, you know that." He slapped my chest, "stop being so cheesy."

Chuckling, I pulled us both down onto the couch, Taehyung laying on top of me. "You didn't cheat on me tonight, did you, princess?" I breathed into his ear, feeling him shiver against me. He scoffed, "as if. We never ended our relationship so that means I stay loyal till we do." I cooed, ruffling his hair, "you're so cute, baby." He groaned and shook his head, "you're making me cringe." Grinning, I wrapped my arms around the elder and pressed my nose to his shoulder, inhaling his scent. "I missed you," I mumbled against the fabric of his shirt. "You didn't see me for a day, pabo. Do you need me around that much?" I nodded, silently, face still attached to his neck. "You're my life preserver, Taehyung. Without you my life means nothing. I have nothing of value if I don't have you."

Taehyung leaned forward to press his lips against mine. It was a soft delicate kiss, but that was all I needed. He was all that I needed. "You're my everything, as well, Jungkook. I love you." I grinned and pecked his forehead, "I love you more, hyung." My heart felt full and content. Two years ago I would've never imagined that the source of all my happiness would be Kim Taehyung. The me of two years ago is gone. The me of two years ago is just a distant memory. I have nothing more to regret now.

"Taehyung?" I murmured. He hummed in reply. "I think I've finally overcome my anxiety." He pecked my nose, my forehead, then kissed my lips. "I'm proud of you, Kookie."

I'm proud of myself, too.

I'm proud of the both of us.

Taehyung—

Even though we haven't seen each other in only a day, it felt like decades that we've been apart. I've come to realize that I constantly needed Jungkook's arms around me. His kisses, his stupid pet names for me, his everything. Just like how he said he needed me, I too need him to exist. We've been through a bumpy ride, and yet here we are in each other's arms.

I remember the first time I realized that I had a crush on Jungkook. It was back in the third year of middle school. He was defending me from a group of bullies, who were trying to make me buy their lunch, outside of the cafeteria. Everyone knew that Jungkook and I came from powerful families, even though the school itself consisted of many students with influential parents. But, I was weak back then. I didn't even know how to hurt a fly. That day, before things got bad, Jungkook came to my rescue. Everyone respected Jungkook, even back then. He had this commanding aura around him. Like a halo of flames that others can only look upon. No one could touch him.

I remember thinking about how beautiful he looked back then. Arms spread out, blocking the bullies' assault towards me. I remember how his hair flew in the breeze and how his pale skin shone in the sunlight. I remember him smiling brightly at me once the bullies left. I also remember being scared of my own thoughts. My parents always taught me that a boy should only like a girl and if a boy liked another boy he was sick to the head. I was scared that I was sick and I didn't want to get in trouble, so I never told anybody. Eventually, my friends noticed that I was acting strange and I told them everything. They explained to me that it was completely fine to like Jungkook and that it was alright to feel however I wanted to feel. But, they also told me that what I was feeling was mostly frowned upon in society.

Thinking about it now brought a smile to my face. I was so naïve and innocent back then. Believing that the world was a happy place with beauty and splendor in every corner. I peered down at Jungkook to see that he'd fallen asleep. "We came a long way didn't we, Kookie?" I leaned down to press a kiss against his lips.

I'm proud of the both of us.

Fluffy fluff fluff before the storm strikes ^-^

-Author-nim