34| you and the pet names

Taehyung—

Jungkook stood on the outside of the sidewalk, as we crossed the street. I squeezed his hand, smiling softly. "Don't beat yourself up over the accident. It was completely my fault anyway," I assured him, leaning my head against his shoulder. The younger sighed through his nose and turned his head to look at me. "I know, I know, but I can't help myself, Tae. I feel like I have to apologize for every little wrong that I did to you." I pressed a kiss to his cheek and shook my head, "you seriously need to stop. I'm fine now; see? I'm functioning properly, am I not? You don't have to make such a fuss, alright?"

The latter pulled his lips up in a wry smile, "I'll try, baby, I will." I ruffled his hair, teasingly, "what a good boy you are. Such a good boy!" A scowl was sent my way, which I only laughed off. "I'm not a puppy, princess," he breathed into my ear. I felt a flush rise up my neck, and pulled up the collar of my uniform, making Jungkook grin widely. "Oh? Are you trying to bring back the old fashion trends? Or are you trying to hide that obvious blush spreading up to your cute cheeks?" He mused. I gave him a glare, "zip it! You know what you're doing."

Chuckling, the younger wrapped his arm around my waist, and slipped his hand into my pant's pocket. I raised an eyebrow at the gesture, sending him a questioning expression. Jungkook only shrugged in response, "there was a girl staring you down, I needed to show her that you're all mine. Ooh, speaking of which—" He raised a hand, to pull my collar back down and loosened the tie around my neck. "I want my marks on full display, baby." My hands flew back up to my neck, but the younger only pulled them back down. "No you don't sweetheart. You're going to leave them all in the open." He smirked and leaned closer to my face. "Unless you want to get punished."

His sudden deep voice sent shivers down my spine. Feeling the heat reach my cheeks, I pushed the latter's face away, averting my gaze. "Stooop!" I whined, pressing my nose into Jungkook's arm. "Aww, my honey bun is so adorable!" He cooed, pecking my cheek. "You and the pet names," I grumbled. "You love them, don't lie to me, babe," the younger replied, cheekily.

We turned the corner, and walked into the apartment complex. I spotted an expensive car parked underneath my floor and frowned. No one that lived here was poor, per say, but, a resident owning a luxury vehicle such as that? I doubt it. Despite the uneasy feeling in my gut, I shrugged it off. They ones with the car are probably just visiting someone that lived here. We climbed up the stairs, to my floor. I unlocked the door, and pushed it aside, hauling a clingy Jungkook inside.

"Let go of me, pabo," I chided. He was back hugging me, making it difficult to walk. Not that it mattered, since we were already inside, but I wanted to slip my bag off and change into more comfortable clothes, without a certain someone restricting me. The younger only burrowed his face deeper into my neck, as a response. I sighed, and toed off my shoes, thinking that at least I could get comfortable one step at a time. That was when I noticed two pair of shoes that weren't mine or Jungkook's. I narrowed my eyes, and patted the latter's arm. "There's someone else in here," I murmured, leaning my head back a little.

Jungkook released his hold on me, and frowned down at the shoes. "These people must have the key to your apartment, since burglars or murderers wouldn't just leave their shoes behind for everyone to see." I nodded, but couldn't think of anyone other than the two of us and the landlord who had keys to this room. I'd already paid my rent three months in advance, so there was no way I was getting evicted. Perhaps a neighbor made a complaint about me? But, we've been living next to each other for a whole year without any problems. So what could it be?

I turned to look at Jungkook, but we only shrugged at each other. Cautiously, we padded down the hall and peered into the living room. The sight before me almost made me fall to my knees. There, on my couch, sat both of my parents, with their legs folded and their hands in their laps. I bit back the surging emotions raging inside of me, and let my bag fall to the ground with a thud. Over everything I was feeling at the moment, fury and coldness were the two that I felt the most. I regarded the two coldly. They were dressed quite casually, but anyone from a mile away could tell that those clothes costed more than their average salary. Father's neatly styled hair had streaks of gray in it, whilst Mother's looked like it just had a new bleach job.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked. My voice sounded harsh and steely in my ears. It took most of my willpower not to throw a textbook at their heads. I felt Jungkook's hand grip my elbow, reassuringly. Depths of gratitude welled up inside of me. He was always there when I needed him the most. Father raised a bemused eyebrow at me, "is that any way to greet your parents, Taehyung?" I sneered, "I thought you disowned me. So you're no longer my parents anymore, are you?" Mother blinked, tears brimming in her eyes. Oh, how fake those tears looked. "We were just upset with you, son. We didn't understand why you suddenly started causing trouble. You were such a sweet boy, back then. So innocent and cute."

I clenched my fist, remembering the naïve kid who thought the world was just all flowers and rainbows. My parents preferred an easily moldable son, not the kind who had his own mind and free will. Well, they're never going to get that son back. "You were upset? What about me? Have you ever thought to ask me why I was doing those things? Have you ever wondered why I changed? Have you ever cared enough to even ask me how my day was?" I answered for them, knowing that they were just going to sugarcoat their lies. "No. You didn't care. All you cared about was your business and shaping me into the person you wanted. Since I was so easily manipulated back then, you hated how I rebelled because you couldn't control me anymore. Therefore, tossing me out, like garbage."

There was a pause, before Father glared at Jungkook, who was standing silently by my side. "What is that boy doing in here? You shouldn't be housing someone who got kicked out of his own family." I laughed at the hypocrisy of that statement. "And what? You didn't already kick me out?" Mother stood up from the couch and walked towards me. I tensed as she got close, and touched my cheek with her hand. "Of course not, Taehyung. You're still a Kim." I clicked my tongue, and smacked her hand away. "Don't take back words that have already been said, Mother. I clearly heard you both saying that I was no longer a Kim. Your lies can't fool me anymore."

Father stood up, as well, clearly trying to conceal his obvious irritation. They came here for a reason. But, what? "You are coming back home with us," the elder man demanded, sternly. "You still have potential and one little hiccup doesn't mean you can no longer take over the company. Come back with us, Taehyung. There's someone who's excited to meet you."

That was it. They wanted me to get married to some girl with powerful connections, so the company could grow stronger than it already was. How typical of them. They only needed me when I benefitted them. I snickered, "ah, I understand now. You want me to go back with you, not because you love me, but because of some girl with powerful connections, am I correct?" When my parents didn't answer, I took that as a yes. "Well, I'm sorry, but I'm already seeing someone." Mother narrowed her eyes, "and who would that girl be?" I almost snorted at the question. "What? So you can ruin her life?" I chuckled, and slipped my arms around Jungkook's torso. He, immediately, embraced me, possessively, with one hand shoved into the hair at the nape of my neck, and the other hand gripping onto my waist. "Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not dating a girl."

I smirked, smugly, snuggling my face into the younger's chest.

"Who needs a girl when I have strong handsome boy to keep me happy?"

WOOHOOHOOOOOOOO TAE JUST DID THE THING!

-Author-nim