[epilogue]

Taehyung—

I glanced up when there was a knock on my office door. I straightened a stack of papers, and set them aside. "Come in!" I called, folding my hands over my oak desk. Jungkook breezed into the room, grinning, widely at me. I felt a huge smile, of my own, rising on my lips. "Baby," he greeted, leaning over the desk to peck my lips. He tapped the DIRECTOR plate, and raised his eyebrows, in praise. "You did well, princess."

I was recently promoted to Head Director of a popular publishing house. The effort was grueling, seeing how I had to learn from scratch and build my way up from an editor's position, to my current status. Honestly I thought I was heading down the wrong path, but everything sorted itself out in the end. Jungkook, himself, had a nice steady job as a photographer for a big modelling company.

I scowled at the pet name, "will you ever quit calling me that?" The younger shook his head, giddily. "Nope, never, you will always be my princess." Rolling my eyes, I stood up from my desk, and walked around it to embrace the dark-haired male. "I missed you," I whined, into his shoulder. "Aww, my baby misses me after only being a few hours apart?" Jungkook cooed, ruffling my, now, blonde hair. I nodded, face still pressed into his shoulder.

We pulled apart after a moment, arms still loosely around each other. "So what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked, raising a hand to stroke Jungkook's cheekbone. "Mmm, I just wanted to visit you, and to make sure you didn't forget about our date tonight," the younger replied, leaning into my touch. I rolled my eyes, playfully, "I can't forget if you keep reminding me." He grinned, and leaned in to peck my lips, sweetly. "Just make sure to get off work early today, okay babe?" I nodded, and fell back into a gentle embrace, pressing my nose against the younger's shirt, inhaling his cologne.

"Do you have to go back to the company now?" I whined, softly. Jungkook chuckled, "missing me already, and I haven't even stepped out of your office." I tightened my grip on the younger, bringing him closer to me. "It's not my fault that I love you and your company." His chest vibrated as he laughed, "don't worry, baby. You'll see me later, hmm? I have to get going now, but I'll pick you up at seven thirty, okay?" I nodded, not wanting to let go.

Jungkook sighed, and raised my chin, with his fingers. "Come on, sweetheart," he chided, pressing his lips against mine. I deepened the kiss, clenching onto the younger's shirt.

"Come on, baby."

"This is damned expensive!" I exclaimed, scanning all of the options before me. My boyfriend just rolled his eyes, "I know, kitten, but, my last paycheck was nice and fat; so eat up, alright princess?" I flushed at the younger's use of two pet names in the same sentence. The younger knew how much it irked me when he called me things other than "babe," since I would always flare up like a traffic light.

I eyed all of the high class foods, wondering if Jungkook really had the money to afford this. "You sure, Kookie?" I asked, once again. He notched up an eyebrow, "yes, Tae. Order whatever you want. My treat, babe." Sighing, I nodded, and skimmed over the list again, knowing how stubborn the latter can be.

Once we ordered, I leaned back in my seat, staring at my hand, moving it slightly so that the light reflected off of the promise ring that I'd bought three years ago. Suddenly, Jungkook's hand covered mine, making me look up at him. He smiled softly, and nodded at the rings. "The promise is still going, right?" I grinned, and nodded. "Of course! I've never felt a reason to break it."

"That's good."

We ate in a comforting silence, letting the chatter of the restaurant fill our ears. We'd send each other loving looks from time to time, but we didn't bother to break the quiet peace between us. It was nice like this. Sometimes it was better when you didn't run your mouth, and just bask in the noises of the world, like a wild symphony that just fits together in some kind of chaotic way.

True to his word, Jungkook paid for the meal, reassuring me that it was all fine and well. We walked out of the restaurant hand-in-hand, with huge lovesick smiles on our faces. Jungkook suggested that we took a stroll to let the food in our stomachs digest. Seeing no reason to protest, I let him lead me around, from the bustling of the stores and cars and people to the quiet of a nearby park.

Silently, we walked down a path, lit by intricately designed lamp posts. At some point, the younger made me sit down on a park bench, and close my eyes. Curiosity gnawed at me, as I heard him shuffling a bit before me. Oh God, what if he was planning to kill me? This park was pretty desolate, with no witnesses around. The possibility isn't completely out of the window.

I bit my lip, in anticipation, letting my imagination run with the wind. What was he going to do?

"Taehyung," he began. "I love you with my life. I was so blind to see it when we were younger, but now I know that I can't live without you. You're the light of my life. The star in my sky. The heart to my soul. You're my everything. I love you Kim Taehyung. It doesn't matter that our parents still hate us and that you still kind of suck at controlling your temper, and I have to stop you from landing your ass in jail." I snorted, "wow...I have no words." Jungkook cleared his throat, "but despite all of that I still love you with all of my being. No matter the rocky path we rode, the challenges that we will face in the future, I want you to always be with me. I know this is probably the least dramatic way to ask this, but will you marry me?"

My eyes flew open at his words. The younger was on one knee, a ring pinched between his fingers, and a hand sliding off my promise ring, hesitantly. His eyes were clear and sparkling with hope; his face earnest. God, I could melt in his gaze. Tears flowed freely down my face, as I nodded, frantically. "Yes. Yes. Oh my God, fucking yes!" I clapped a hand over my mouth, too emotional, as Jungkook pulled off the silver band and replaced it with the engagement ring. Once, it was fully on, I dropped to my knees to throw my arms around my, now, fiancé's neck.

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!" I sobbed into his shoulder. The younger rubbed a soothing hand on my back.

"I love you more, Taehyung."

I tightened my embrace, wanting to get closer than we already were. My heart swelled, bursting at the seams, as I peppered kisses all over Jungkook's face. He smiled, softly, reaching up to wipe away my tears. "You're mine forever, Tae. I love you."

"Well, fucking, finally!"

The dark-haired male blew out an irritated breath, and rolled his eyes, as our hyungs stepped out from behind their hiding spots. "Could you guys have picked a different time to interrupt?" He asked, annoyed. Jimin, grinned, and smacked the younger's head, "nope!" Jin pulled me up to my feet and enveloped me in a hug, "my babies are getting married!" He exclaimed, sobbing hysterically. Namjoon pulled his husband off of me, shaking his head. "It looks more like you're the one getting married again." Jin glared at the latter, "I can't help it! This is such a touching moment!" Yoongi rolled his eyes, but gave the newly engaged couple an approving nod, "take care of each other." He wrapped an arm around a crying Hoseok, who kept trying to splutter congratulations.

I grinned, and raised my arms up, "come on, let's all hug it out."

We all gathered around, encircling each other with our arms and smiles.

"I love you guys."

:)

So I was listening to an hour loop of Egotistic by Mamamoo while writing this, so you can tell I am highly obsessed with that song.

This is the end, y'all. No more extra chapters. But, if you want to read my author's note, go and swipe ahead ;) Thanks for reading, guys! I love y'all! <3

-Author-nim