31| tell me you aren't a fucking faggot!

Jungkook—

Silence enveloped the thick tension in the air. The expressions on my parents faces consisted of shock and in denial. Mother shook her head, bringing a hand up to her lips, "no. No you're not. I didn't give birth to some filthy homosexual." She spit out the word like it was a curse. "You are joking right? This is just some...what do you kids call it? A prank? This is just some elaborate prank right? Tell me that you aren't a fucking faggot!"

My tongue poked the inside of my mouth, in an irritated manner. "No. I'm not lying, I'm not joking, and I am not playing a prank. I am gay. I like men. I have a boyfriend. I kissed a male! I love my boyfriend!" Father stood up from his seat, a shadow casted over his face. Without any emotion on his face he stepped towards me and raised his hand. Before anyone could react, his palm made contact with my cheek, leaving a stinging burn in the aftermath.

I heard Ju Hyun cry out and my mother click her tongue in disgust. Father wasn't much taller than me, but in that moment it seemed like he was towering over, like a giant building. "You're a disgrace to this family. I revoke your heritance. You are no longer a son of mine. We disown you, Jungkook. You are no longer of any use to us." The words were like bricks being thrown at me, yet I held firm. This is what I wanted and this was my escape. I'm finally free from the iron chains binding me to a superficial life. I could finally pursue what I wanted. I could finally leave without being dragged back by the ends of my hair.

I was free.

But the fact that he said that I was "no longer of use" hurt. The fact that my own parents only seeing me as the next heir and not their son stung. It felt like a hot rod poking into my ribs. To finally know the truth hurt more than lying to myself. But, this was what I expected, wasn't it? I knew this was going to happen, didn't I?

Mother stood, as well, and pointed at the front door, with a firm finger. "Get out and never come back. This is the last day that you will ever be called a Jeon." I tilted my head and sent them a cold smile, "that's alright by me." I turned on my heel, and picked up my backpack, filled with all of my necessities. I placed a comforting hand on Ju Hyun's shoulder as I passed by. The side of lips curled up in a tiny smile. "Good luck. Jungkook."

I walked out of the house and down the long winding road that led out to the gate. I exhaled through my nose and breathed in the air. It smelled like rain was going to fall, soon. God, just isn't really on my side, huh? Sighing, I pulled up the hood of my hoodie over my head, and started to lightly jog to the gate. Once I reached the steel bars, I pressed a button on the side, letting the gate open wide enough for me to slip through, and pressed the button again for the gate to start closing. Quickly, I slid in between the gap and walked out of the Jeon Estate. I continued my fast pace not even sparing one glance back at my old life. That life is dead now, and I am never going back.

Suddenly, I felt the lift in my steps become lighter, to the point where I was almost skipping.

Free.

I was finally free.

It began pouring once I made it to Taehyung's apartment. I needed to explain things to him. I needed to make things right. I can't lose the one person I love and care about. I climbed up the steps, and sighed when I remembered that I gave his key back when I went home. I raised my finger and rang the bell, and waited. When no one answered, I rang the bell again, only to be met with no response.

Maybe he's not home? I pulled my phone out of my back pocket, and fumbled around on the screen. The cold was starting to seep into my clothes and bury itself into my skin. I shivered slightly, and called Jimin, pressing the phone to my ear. It took about eight rings until the elder picked up

"Jungkook?"

"J-Jimin?" I spoked, teeth chattering.

"What is it? Are you calling about Taehyung? I'll have you know that he doesn't want to see you."

"I-I k-know, b-but at l-least let m-me explain," I stammered, feeling my lips numb, as a spray of cold water misted my face.

"That fucker didn't even let you explain? Wow, he's such an idiot."

"Do you know where he is?"

"Yeah, he's at the club right now. He should be back home by ten if he's not going back to his sleeping-with-sluts spree."

My heart clenched at the thought of Taehyung having sex with some random stranger. No! He's mine! It was currently nine-oh-five. I could wait for fifty-five minutes. If he doesn't turn up at ten, then I'll crash in at someone else's house.

"O-okay. Thanks Jimin."

"Call me hyung, you pabo. By the way, why are you stuttering?"

"I'm o-out-s-side. D-don't w-worry about me."

"Hmm, if you say so," the elder replied, concern obviously laced in his voice.

"I'm completely fine. Thanks hyung. I'll see you tomorrow," I reassured the elder, trying to keep the cold from messing with my voice. The blonde said good-bye before hanging up. Sighing, I huddled myself against Taehyung's door, hiding my face in my arms from the onslaught of rain. I wasn't going to give up. For Taehyung I won't give up. I need to fix things. I need him. I needed warmth. I need his everything.

I leaned my head against the door, feeling the faint spray of water on my face. I closed my eyes, taking it all in, breathing in the crisp air. It was the kind of cold that I liked. The kind that would just chase all of your worries away. The kind that numbed you until you couldn't feel anymore. Physically and emotionally. Shivering, slightly, I brought my knees closer to my chest, in attempt of making more heat. I pulled the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands, and clenched my fingers inside, trying to preserve as much warmth as I could.

My sock-clad feet were cold and clammy inside my timberlands. I wriggled my toes, to make sure that I still had feeling in them. Once I was sure that I didn't get frostbite, I let my head fall onto my knees. I'll endure this for Taehyung. Only for Taehyung.

Only for Taehyung, I chanted in my head over and over. Only for him.

I didn't remember falling asleep, but the next time I opened my eyes, the silver-haired male's ethereal face was right in front of mine, worry and shock etched into every line and crease. "Jungkook? Why are sitting out here in the cold? You'll get sick! Why? Why? Why?" He looked like he was on the verge of tears. The smell of alcohol stuck faintly on his clothes. His fluffy hair was tousled and wet from the weather, and his face was blushed from the cold. He was so beautiful.

I ripped my chapped lips apart, and smiled weakly.

"Hyung.

I love you so much."

Another cliffhanger :) Y'all love me right?

-Author-nim