6| i needed air

Jungkook—

I waited, trying to calm the nerves, threatening to spill over. I shoved my hands into my jeans pockets, in attempt to stop them from shaking. The symptoms were starting to get worse, after I've learned that I was the cause of Taehyung's change of character.

The thought of confronting Taehyung made my breath start coming out in short pants, and my legs felt weak.

Air.

I needed air.

I fell to my knees, feeling numb, and struggled to breathe. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes, and I held my head back, trying to just breathe. "A-ir. N-need air!" I gasped, bringing a heavy hand up to my chest, and smacking it, hoping to dislodge the tightness, restricting me the ability to breathe.

Tears fell from my eyes, and I sunk against the wall, waiting for the feeling to pass, and for my breathing to go back to its normal state. I brought my knees up to my chest, and I leaned my forehead against them. I let the hot tears fall, before quickly wiping them, and blowing out a huge breath.

"God help me," I mumbled, against the palms of my hands.

For a moment, silence was the only thing that filled my ears, until—

"What the actual fuck."

My head whipped up, when I heard the voice. Taehyung was staring at me, mouth gaping open and face blank. "What did I just witness?" He asked, voice hard. Shakily, I stood up, holding onto the wall for support. "N-nothing," I muttered, through clenched teeth. "It's nothing."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "it's not nothing if I come here seeing you crying and trying to breathe. What is it? Did you get beat up? Who was it?" I shook my head, slightly enjoying the fact that it seemed that Taehyung cared about me. "It's nothing hyung. Just lost my breath for a second."

The silver haired boy frowned, before slowly taking steps towards me. "So why did you want to meet me for?"

I leaned my head against the wall, trying to calm my nerves. "Take this however you want," I began. "Say that this is me trying to clear my guilty conscience or whatever. Believe that what I'm going to say is all fake and for show. But, just let me tell you now, that I'm saying the truth, and I wouldn't want to hurt you more than I had." Taehyung's face had gone back to its emotionless shell, and he'd placed his good arm on his waist.

Yet, when he nodded, without saying a word, I felt immense relief flood my veins.

"I'll start off by saying sorry. I was truly wrong for humiliating you back then, and for hurting you. It was uncalled for and you never deserved it. You were sweet and you were caring. You never deserved what I had done to you, and I apologize for it." I saw Taehyung's fingers clench his hip, tightly, and knew that I was treading on thin ice.

"Second...I want to be your friend."

Silence enveloped us. Heavy silence.

So heavy, that it was putting pressure on my ears. I wanted to desperately cover my ears, to block off the ringing noise, but I didn't move an inch. This was the moment, that will determine whether I can help Taehyung or not. And maybe. Just maybe. I can help myself too.