12| mentally, i fist-bumped myself at my genius

Taehyung—

"Shh, you're okay. Shh, it's okay," I murmured, hugging the younger closer to me. "Let it all out, Kookie. Cry it all out." He shook in my arms, and cried heart-wrenching tears. His face was buried into my chest, and his fists clenched onto the fabric of my T-shirt.

Gradually, the sobbing ceased, and the sounds of sniffling and murmurings of sweet nothings could only be heard in the room. Jungkook hiccupped, and released a shuddering breath. "S-so—"

"Shove it," I interrupted him. "Quit saying sorry. It's starting to get annoying." He opened his mouth, but closed it again. "Right," he murmured. I stroked my hand through his hair, and tilted my head, to look at him better. We were cozied on my bed, under the soft duvets, arms wrapped around each other. What was with this intimate position?

"Did you have a bad dream again?" I asked, softly. The younger averted his gaze, and rested his forehead against my chest. "I feel like some dumb little kid crying to his mommy," he grumbled. I snorted, "no way would I father someone as ugly as you." He lifted his head to smirk at me, "I'm beautiful and you know it." Rolling my eyes, I chuckled gently. "Someone's got a big ego."

It seemed like he'd fallen into my trap, and was distracted from his self-hatred. Mentally, I fist-bumped myself at my genius.

Jungkook sighed through his nose, and closed his eyes. "Thanks for distracting me, hyung. I appreciate it." I frowned, "you saw through me? I thought I was being subtle." He snorted, "please. I can see right through you. You're like glass. So transparent." I scowled at him, "you know, I'm not that see-through." He grinned, "I know. You got better at lying, it's almost scary. Back then I could tell when you're not telling the truth because you'd always stutter and turn red."

I pulled my lips to the side, bemused. "That's because I was so lovestruck by you I couldn't even make up some excuse whenever you asked me why I was staring." Suddenly, the latter flushed red, and pursed his lips. "O-oh," he mumbled. "I...didn't know that was the case." I cracked a grin, at how cute he was acting. "Aw? Where did all of that bravado go? Did you get shy all of a sudden?"

He scowled, "yeah right. Like I ever get shy." Grinning, I pulled the younger closer to me, and rested my face into the crook of his shoulder. "Whatever you say, Kookie." Slowly, he slipped his arms around my waist.

"Stop mocking me."

I lifted the spoon, and held it in front of Jungkook. "Say 'ah,' Kookie." He stared at the spoon, bemused. "You know I can feed myself, right hyung?" Prodding the spoon closer to his lips, I exaggeratedly nodded. "Of course I know that. Now, open your mouth and eat the goddamn soup."

He sighed through his nose, but parted his lips, anyway, and accepted. "You're a good cook, you know that, Tae?"

My lips lifted up. That was an old nickname that the younger used to call me before he turned cold and humiliated me. "Well, I had a huge hangover one day, and no one was there to help me out. So, I looked up how to make hangover soup. After that I got hooked into cooking, and it became like a little hobby of mine." I sent him a playful glare, "if you tell anyone I'll murder you."

Jungkook, noticeably, gulped and nodded. "I have no doubt that you wouldn't."

Softening, considerably, I dipped the spoon back into the bowl, and reached over to cup the latter's cheek. "I'm joking." He smiled, "I know. Don't worry about me, hyung." Raising an amused eyebrow, I went back to feeding the younger.

"I told you not to eat ice cream in this weather," I chided. He rolled his eyes, "I wanted ice cream so I get the ice cream. Besides, I don't stay sick for long." Shaking my head, I stood back up, and grabbed the breakfast tray. "You're going to die one day, because you fell under the temptation of ice cream." He grinned, "that doesn't sound like a bad way to go."

I smacked his shoulder, before walking out of the room. "That's the dumbest way to go," I counterattacked.

He laughed his cute laugh, making my heart jump. When will I learn to let the boy go? Sure, we shared an intimate embrace, this morning, but it was more...brotherly? Like a brotherly cuddle?

What am I even saying?

What the fuck is a "brotherly cuddle"?

"Hyung, when is my next appointment?" Jungkook called from inside of my room. I walked from the bathroom, tooth brush in my mouth. I stuck up one finger, and pulled out my phone. "Mwon minwit," I mumbled, checking the calendar.

I looked up from my phone, once I spotted the date, and pulled out my tooth brush. "In two weeks; same day." The younger nodded, eyes glued to his phone screen. "Yah. Did you even hear me?" I demanded. His head snapped up, a wide grin on his face. "Huh? Oh. Yeah. I did." I raised an eyebrow, and nodded at his phone. "You took a picture of me, didn't you?"

He frowned, "pfft, yeah right. Why would I take a picture of your ugly self?" I shook my head, before heading back to the bathroom.

"I'm gorgeous, bitch!" I called over my shoulder.

"Not as gorgeous as me!" He yelled back.

Snorting, I resumed to brushing my teeth. Were we flirting, just now? Would you call ego-boosting flirting? Why am I analyzing this so much? What was wrong with me and my frantic beating heart? Why can't my heart just shut up and lie down? Jungkook clearly doesn't have feelings for me. We're just friends.

Friends? More like brothers.

I splashed some water onto my face and glared into the mirror. "What am I so troubled for?" I grumbled, annoyed with my own mind. I grabbed for the towel and wiped my face.

"Shut up," I mumbled, pressing the cloth against my skin.

"Stupid blood pumping organ, good for nothing muscle."

AYYYEEE SQUARE UP ISSA BOP! My favorite song is See U Later, but all of them are so good. So proud of my girls :') BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION!!

-Author-nim