27| she will be your fiancé

Jungkook—

"Where are you? Come home right this instant."

I found myself packing my bags and kissing Taehyung a good bye. "I'm sorry, baby," I murmured, pressing my nose into his neck, inhaling his cologne. "My parents came back from their business trip and they want me to go home." He shook his head, bringing a hand to stroke the hair at the nape of my neck. "It's okay, Kookie. I understand how it's like." I remembered that Taehyung had also been born into a rich family with high expectations and demands. I tightened my embrace, before letting go and grabbing my backpack. "I'll still see you at school, okay? And for the therapy sessions!" He shook his head, smiling, "just kiss me, pabo." Smirking, I connected our lips together. I'm going to miss having him around me twenty-four seven. Sighing, I pulled away and gave him one last smile. "See you next week, baby."

I gave him a wave, before driving out of the apartment complex and out into the street. I drummed my fingers against the wheel, in anticipation. Something in my father's tone was off. He sounded surprisingly happy, which brought me to think that the business meeting went accordingly. Furrowing my eyebrows, I turned into the wealthy neighborhood and rummaged around in my car for the gate keys. Once I found them, I pressed the button, waiting for the iron wrought door to slide all the way to the side. I pressed the button again, when my car was fully inside the property, for the gate to slide back in place.

Nervously, I drove down the windy path, seeing the huge mansion loom ahead. I parked on the huge driveway and stepped out of the car. Sighing, I shoved my hands into my pockets as I approached the front door. "There's something I'm missing," I murmured to myself. I punched in the code, triggering a loud "click" sound, indicating that the metal door opened. I pushed it aside, walking away for it to close on its own. I walked down the small metal hall, and thumbed through my keys, searching for the right one.

Suddenly, the door opened, spilling out light from inside. I blinked in surprise, but recomposed myself. "Mother," I greeted. "I didn't know you were waiting on me. I apologize for wasting your time." She just shook her head, elegantly, "no matter, son." A calculated smile rose up on her coral lips, as she placed a hand on my back, gracefully nudging me inside the house. "Where have you been, Jungkook? Your father and I were quite worried when we came home and you weren't here." I couldn't tell them that I'd spent months at Taehyung's apartment. That'd get him in more trouble than me, there was no doubt.

"I was out with my friends, Mother. Just a little get together." She smiled and nodded, "I see." She led me down the long hallway to the "living room," where Father and a girl around my age sat opposite of each other on the plush chairs. She had long shiny black hair and a cute face, with a slim waist and petite body to complete. "Ah, Jungkook, you've arrived," Father nodded, once he laid eyes on me. The girl stood from her seat and bowed her head, in respect. Assuming that she was one of my parent's assistants, I just bowed, slightly, in return. "So, Father? What was the dire urgency?" I asked, taking a seat next to his chair. Mother sat across from me, crossing her legs elegantly. Father smiled too widely, sweeping his arm, in a grand gesture, towards the girl. "This young lady is Bae Ju Hyun (a/n: Irene from Red Velvet). We've the pleasure to work with her parents, during our business trip." I nodded, and waited for him to get to the point.

"She will be your fiancé."

No.

Not this.

Anything but this.

I struggled to keep the smile on my lips, "I see. When was this agreed upon, Father?" The elder man shrugged languidly, "that doesn't really quite matter. Just know that by having the two of you wedded will make our companies grow stronger and larger." I nodded, feeling sick to my stomach. "I see." Why? Why did this have to happen when I just got Taehyung to myself? Why do things keep happening to tear us apart? Why? It wasn't fair.

Mother tittered a laugh, "come now, darling. Leave the two alone, so they can get acquainted with one another." Father nodded, and stood from his seat. "You will be married in one month, son. I'm proud of you, Jungkook." With that, he helped Mother stand up, and let her take his arm, before stepping out of the room. Once, they were out of earshot, I rested my elbows on my knees, and leaned forward. "I'll have you know that I don't want to marry you," I stated, flatly. Ju Hyun raised a perfect eyebrow and frowned. "Oh, really? Well, I'm sorry Jeon Jungkook, but whether you like it or not, it's business. It's about time you grow up and understand that we can't stay as children and not do what we don't want to." I glared at the girl across from me, with as much menace as I could muster.

Who was she to call me a child and whatnot? Of course I know when to decide between responsibility and what I personally want. Yet, my parents forcing me into an engagement with this unlikeable girl was ridiculous. I didn't even know her until the moment we were just introduced. I clenched my fists and smiled coldly. "If you aren't going to help me then so be it. I'll make you leave no matter what. Even if it costs me everything." Ju Hyun's lips twitched upwards in a leering manner. "Go ahead, but just remember that your efforts will resort to nothing because I will not falter. I know my place, learn to accept yours. You are born into the elite's life. You are born into expectations and you'll just have to accept that there will be things that you don't want to do, but will end up doing. It's only natural."

I sneered, and stood from my seat. "You are wrong there. Just watch me escape from all of those expectations. You'll be wishing that you tasted freedom. Mark my words, we will not be wedded." With one last pointed glare, I strode away from the living room, in search for my parents. How dare they do this to me without my having a say in things? This is my future that they're playing with. I am not some puppet where they can pull the strings to their every will. Yes, they are my parents and I've done my part in pleasing them for the majority of my life. I wouldn't mind playing along with their tactics, as long as I could choose who would be by my side for the rest of my life. Yet, they even took that away. I will not stand for this.

I stormed into the main foyer and found my parents seated at the dining table. Mother peered up from her laptop and raised an eyebrow. "Hmm? You're not amusing Ju Hyun? I thought I was quite direct when I left the room saying that you two should get to know each other." Father frowned, and looked up from his phone, "what do you need, son?"

Clenching my fists, I aimed a heated stare at the two. "Why did you not tell me about this? What happened to my 'freedom of choice'? I think I should have a right to pick whoever will stay by my side." Father's lips raised into a smile without humor. "I see. This is one of the 'rebellious' episodes I've heard about before. What? I'm guessing that you have a lover? Let me also guess; they're some commoner with no idea how the world of the wealthy work." I gritted my teeth, "you're only half correct, Father." The elder man scoffed, "no matter. You are not going to be able to back out of this engagement, Jungkook, and that's final. You are marrying Bae Ju Hyun for the sake of the company and for the sake of your future."

"Fuck my future then!" I exclaimed. Mother narrowed her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows. "We did not teach you that kind of behavior, Jungkook. Apologize immediately." I clicked my tongue, in bemusement. "I'm leaving." I began making my way to the door, until I was dragged backwards by my arms. "We originally had these guards to protect Ju Hyun, but since you're acting up at the moment, it wouldn't hurt to have two look after you," Father spoke, a hint of smugness in his voice. I growled, trying to rip my arms away from the two burly men's ironclad grip. "Fuck you! You can't make me do this!" I shouted. Mother smiled, tightly, "yes. Yes we can. Because you are our son and we gave you everything. It's time you paid us back, darling." She nodded at the two guards, "take him to his room and keep an eye on him at all times. You will not obey a single order he gives you. I will have someone bar his windows so he won't escape, but until then, you will be beside him until further notice."

The two men nodded, before dragging me away from my parents. "I won't be marrying that insufferable girl, just you watch," I growled, lowly, as I was tugged further and further away from freedom.

Taehyung.

I'm so sorry.

SO! Well, that just happened. Guess you'll have to wait until the next chapter :P

-Author-nim