19| fuck! shit!

Taehyung—

I smiled as sunlight filtered through the blinds on my windows. The golden rays stretched across my bedroom floors and over my bed. Sighing, contentedly, I pulled off my covers and padded to my bathroom for a quick shower. In my sleep-induced thoughts I twisted the dial of the shower while brushing my teeth. Suddenly, my phone started ringing, making me spit out the toothpaste and rinse my mouth.

Slowly, I headed back to my nightstand and picked up my phone to see that there was a reminder on my lockscreen. Frowning, slightly, I pulled up the notification and widened my eyes when I read the note that I'd saved in my phone a few months ago.

"Fuck! Shit!" I exclaimed, before running back into the bathroom. I quickly stripped off my clothes and jumped into the cold shower, jarring myself awake.

I'd completely forgotten that I had promised to take Jungkook out to see the cherry blossoms today! I rushed to wash myself and hopped out, hastily drying off with a towel. I ran back into my room and pulled on a pair of ripped blue skinny jeans. I yanked a black shirt over my head and slipped my arms into a slightly oversized jean jacket.

In a dash, I stumbled back to my bathroom to stare into the mirror and frown at my hair. Shrugging, I plugged in the hair dryer and quickly blew out of the droplets of water. It was slightly wavy and messy, but it wasn't awful, so I decided to leave it like that. Satisfied, I headed down the hall to my kitchen to find Jungkook seated on my couch with a bowl of cereal in his hands.

He looked handsome was to say the least. His black hair was parted, to expose his forehead. He wore dark blue skinny jeans that hugged his toned thighs, making it hard for me not to stare. He had on a black shirt underneath a muted yellow flannel tucked into his pants, except one half of the flannel was still left untucked.

I wanted nothing more but to wrap my arms around him and bask in his warmth, but that would never come to be. He never liked me and he never will. Smiling sheepishly, I scratched the back of my neck. "I see that you're here early," I mumbled. He grinned, "oh no, I just got here. Sorry, I got hungry so I stole some of your cereal." I shrugged, and went to the kitchen to make toast. "It's fine, I was trying to get rid of that cereal anyway." I leaned against the counter, waiting for the bread to pop out, and stared at the back of Jungkook's head.

Sighing, I closed my eyes. Why am I still kidding myself? Shouldn't I just move on? Maybe I can contact one of my old flings. Some of them weren't half bad; a few could make decent partners. Just for the time being of course, just long enough for me to forget about the younger. Maybe, I'll be lucky enough to find someone I can spend the rest of my life with.

I can't just keep playing ignorance. I can't just keep waiting. School is about to end and I'm about to graduate. I need to stop believing that he'll come back to me. I need to stop lying to myself.

Then that's that. Today will be the last day I will ever think of Jungkook as more than a friend.

"Hyung?"

My eyes fluttered open to find the younger boy staring at me face-to-face. He was so close to me, yet in that moment he seemed so far. His eyes were dark, like most Asian eyes (a/n: I'm Asian, so please don't bash me), but there was a window behind me, shining light into his orbs, highlighting that they were indeed a copper brown. Tears threatened to fall and my heart ached. I fought the waterworks back and brought an easy smile to my lips. "Yes? Sorry, I spaced out for a bit. Did you need something?"

He shook his head, pulling back slightly. "No, it's just that your toast has been ready for a while now, and I was wondering if you wanted to eat it." I twisted my torso, to find that my toast was cooling, and pulled my breakfast out of the toaster. "Of course I'm eating it," I replied, taking a huge bite, for emphasis. Jungkook shrugged, "okay. Just checking, hyung."

Today will be the last day. The last day for me to love you as more than a friend.

I love you.

Jungkook—

We walked down the park, in a kind of comforting silence. The sounds of gravel and remaining fall leaves crunching beneath our feet. The chill breeze sifting through our hair and our clothes. The sounds of laughter and birds. The rushing sound of the Han River and the slight clanging of city life in the distance.

I closed my eyes and smiled, basking in it all. It was all so peaceful. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Taehyung murmured, quietly. I opened my eyes, and turned my head to look at him. He was staring at the petals as they fell whenever the wind rattled through the branches. "Yeah, it is," I responded, in the same hushed tone as his, never taking my eyes off of the ethereal being in front of me. How could someone look so stunning?

My breath hitched when I saw a tear running down his face. "Taehyung? What's wrong?" I asked, placing a hand on his arm. The elder tensed and brushed my hand off. He quickly wiped away the tear with the back of this hand before averting his gaze. "Dammit, you weren't—weren't supposed to be worried about me, Jungkook. I messed up again." I furrowed my eyebrows, not daring to touch him, just in case if he blew me off.

"Why?" I asked, quietly. "Why am I not supposed to worry about you? After all, you worry so much about me."

He sniffed, cheeks and nose beginning to turn slightly red. I noticed more tears falling, hidden behind his long silver hair. "B-because I-I still..." He mumbled bringing his sleeve up to wipe his nose.

"What is it, hyung?" I demanded, my tone a bit more forceful. He raised his head, and glared at me through watery eyes, "goddamit, it's because I still like you, Jeon Jungkook. No, not even like, I still love you."

At his words, my eyes widened and my lips parted. I must've heard that wrong...right?

I didn't let myself think more about it. Instead, I let my arms wrap around the slightly smaller boy and pulled him closer to me. I stared straight into his wide teary eyes, before smashing my lips onto his. Tears of my own flowed down my shut lids, and spilled down my cheeks. Taehyung tensed for a moment, before moving his lips against mine.

He was perfect. Absolutely perfect in every single, goddamn, way. The way his mouth molded with mine. The way his hands rested on my arms. The way he cried along with me as we continued to pour our love into each other. He was perfect. Just perfect. And he was finally mine. Kim Taehyung you are finally all mine.

We pulled apart when a pink petal landed between our foreheads, startling us to stop. I brought my hands up to cup the elder's teary face, and smiled, sweetly. There were cherry blossom petals stuck to his hair and they dusted off his shoulders every time he shifted a bit. It was all so beautiful. If only I had a camera with me to capture this moment. I opted to wipe away any remaining tears on Taehyung's face, and he shakily returned the favor.

"Kim Taehyung?"

He looked into my eyes, hope brimming in a glassy shine. "Y-yeah?" He croaked, eyebrows furrowed, cutely. I smiled, heart filled with warmth.

I can finally tell you.

"I love you."

:)))))))))))

Okay, but honestly, I almost teared up while writing that last part :') Don't worry! There will be more chapters! The story hasn't ended yet!

-Author-nim