7| what the actual hell is wrong with you?

Jungkook—

I shot up from my seat, trying to suppress the urge to scream. "U-um, can I go to the restroom, please?" I asked, trying to keep the shakiness from my voice. The teacher glanced up from her computer, where she was typing away on the keyboard. "Why? Is it an emergency? Because, you're supposed to be finished with that assignment about two days ago." A few kids in the class chuckled, but they weren't mocking. In the recent weeks that I've been here, my popularity had gone back up; with me reconciling with old acquaintances, and meeting new friends. Yet, I'll have to admit that those new friends were mostly girls. I knew I had good looks, since I was chased everywhere, back in America. It was a traumatizing experience for me.

"Yeah," I responded shortly, feeling the choppiness of my breathing get worse. She sighed, before nodding, and making a shooing gesture with her hand. "Go, go." (a/n: Yolo yolo yolo ah! No? Okay)

Quickly, I rushed out of the classroom, and towards the restroom. I chose the nearest stall, and slammed the door behind me. Kneeling on the floor, I gripped the rim, as I retched my lunch into the bowl. "Oh, God," I muttered, spotting blood drip from my mouth, and into the basin. Weakly, I reached forward, and flushed the toilet, and leaned my head back.

"Breathe," I instructed myself, as I continued to inhale and exhale, slowly, through my nose.

Suddenly, the door, to my stall was yanked open, and I almost fell backwards.

"Jungkook, what the actual hell is wrong with you?" Taehyung demanded.

His mouth was moving, but I couldn't tell what he was saying. Everything was a glow-y haze around him; kind of like a murky halo. Yeah. Like a halo. He looked so ethereal, and beautiful. Wait...did I say beautiful? I suppose that I could admit to that. His, fluffy, silver hair; his three moles, his piercing gaze; his lips. Lips? Why would I be looking at his lips?

"Jungkook? Jungkook. Jungkook!" Taehyung reached forward, and shook my shoulders, "were you listening to me?"

I shook my head, numbly. "Sorry, hyung; I zoned out." He let out an exasperated breath. "You're obviously not okay. That's it, I'm taking you to the nurse." His eyes landed on my lips, and he pursed his mouth, "blood. Yeah, I am definitely taking you to the nurse." That snapped me out of it. If the nurse examined me, then she might find something wrong with me. I know something's wrong with me. I don't know what, but I know that I'm not alright. If the nurse finds out that I'm not okay, then she might contact my parents, and then they'll be inconvenienced, and they'll have to come back home from their important business trip. I can't have them fly all the way here. That meeting that they're going to attend might be their only chance to snag a partnership with a really huge company, and I can't mess this up for them.

"N-no," I muttered, gripping Taehyung's arm. "Don't bring me to the nurse. I can't go to the nurse. Not now." He furrowed his eyebrows, "what are you talking about? You need medicine and help!" I shook my head, weakly, "no! Not today! Not this week. I'll go to the hospital or something over the weekend, but I can't go this week."

The silver-haired boy narrowed his eyes at me, "why can't you go this week?" I slumped down, so I was no longer sitting on my toes, but on the back of my calves. "My parents are attending an important meeting, and I can't have them get a call and come back home. I know I need help, but I can't have them fly all the way back here, because of me."

Taehyung's eyes flashed, "fuck that shit! You are more important than any fucking meeting that your parents have to attend! If they get a call, to come back here, because of you, then to hell with it! What do you think is more pressing? Some business meeting or you throwing up blood? Which is it?" I covered his mouth, with my hand. "Shut up!" I hissed, "not too loud! I don't want to cause a scene!" Sighing through his nose, the elder yanked my hand off of his face, and helped me up on my feet. "Fine, but you are not staying here, at school, in this condition."

After I washed my face and hands, Taehyung pulled me back to my class, and told me to wait outside. He came back out with my things, a few seconds later, and yanked me to the back of the school. He pushed open the exit door, and led us outside. "Come on, we're going to my apartment."

It took me a moment to process his words, before yanking my hand out of his grip. "What? Why are we going to your house?" I asked, cheeks burning. Why are they burning? Why is this affecting me so much?

Taehyung notched up a perfect eyebrow, before taking hold of my wrist, again. "Where else do you want to go? In this condition, I can't take you anywhere else. You need rest. I'll come back here, later, to get your car, okay? You should be happy that I'm not carrying you to my house."

He tugged on my arm, before continuing to march towards his home.

"Why are you being so nice to me, hyung?" I murmured. He glanced at me, before taking a turn down the street. "Why wouldn't I? We're friends right? Or am I wrong? Was everything you told me last week an act?" I shook my head, rapidly, "of course not! I would never!" He turned his head to look me in the eyes. "I can't act, anyway," I murmured, determined to show him my sincereity, through my eyes. Slowly, he looked away, and dragged me down another street.

After a long pause, Taehyung spoke again. "Why am I being so nice to you? You're thinking that even though we've made up and are friends again, I would still have some grudge on you, right?" Hesitantly, I nodded. We stopped in front of an apartment complex, and Taehyung directed us up the stairs. He pulled out keys from his pocket, and opened the door.

"To be, completely, honest with you, I was considering on having a slight grudge on you," he admitted, closing the door behind us. "But, I just can't stay too mad at you, for long."

For some reason, my heart melted, in my chest, at his words. "You're not joking?" I whispered. He walked around, and stood in front of me. "Why would I joke about this?" He asked, voice soft.

A slow smile made its way up my lips.

"Thank you, Taehyung."

Just as you wished precious-kth ;)

-Author-nim