10| i think you should make him yours before someone else does

Taehyung—

"You said you would go over the weekend, and now it's Saturday; so get in the building!" I grumbled, pushing the younger in. He didn't even budge an inch, despite all of my efforts. Was this boy made of bricks? All of those damn muscles. I elbowed his spine, finally receiving a reaction from him. He stumbled forward a bit, and turned his head, to face me. His expression, tore my heart to pieces. It was like looking upon a child, who dropped their ice cream on the floor, and a puppy that got kicked to the side of the road. It pained me to see him so frightened and so sad.

I raised my hand up, to cup his cheek. "Go, in okay? I'm trying to help you get better, not get worse. If the therapist doesn't do a good job, then we can go to a better one. If she hurts you, then I'll take care of her myself. Okay? Go in; I'll be sitting right next to you." Slowly, he nodded his head, and closed his eyes, leaning into my touch. "Just...just don't leave me alone," he mumbled. I smiled, and patted his head. "Now, why would I do that? Come on, let's go in."

Jungkook sat in one of the chairs in the waiting room, while I strode up to the counter. The receptionist glanced up from her computer screen, and nodded at me. "One moment, please," she said, before clicking a few more keys, on her keyboard. Once she was done, she pushed her glasses up her nose, and held out a form, attached to a clipboard. "Please fill this out, and hand it back to me, when you're done." I took the clipboard, and accepted the pen from the receptionist, before taking a seat next to Jungkook. He peered over my shoulder, as I filled out the basic information, at the top of the sheet.

"Why'd you put your number as my emergency contact, instead of my parents?" He asked, resting his chin on my shoulder. I tried not to stiffen at the contact. What was this sudden skin ship? I never thought of the younger as a touch-feely kind of person. "Like your parents would give a shit," I answered, trying to sound calm, when my heart felt like it was about to burst at the seams. "I'm paying for your sessions and treatment as well. My family basically disowned me, and left me with a small fortune, that I never knew what to do with, so I have no problem using it to help you."

The dark-haired boy pouted, but he didn't argue with me. I hid a smile, that crept up on my face. He was adorable, he really was. I held out the form, to Jungkook, so he could fill out the rest, and leaned against my chair. The waiting room was painted beige, with sheer white curtains hanging over the arch-shaped windows. Dark green plants in white vases stood on white tables and stools, to contrast from the warm toned walls. In the corner was an acceptable sized white couch, with dark green pillows thrown upon it. The floor consisted of white marble tiles, with a giant gray rug in the middle of the room. The room was aesthetically pleasing and slightly relaxing to me.

Once Jungkook was done filling out the form, he gave it back to me, and I stood up to return it to the receptionist. She took it from my hand, and peered over my shoulder to look at the younger. "Is that your boyfriend?" She asked, in a hushed voice. I frowned, and turned around to see Jungkook playing with the sleeves of his coat. "No...but I did like him, once," I confessed, to my surprise. The girl smiled, "I'm sorry for being rude, but you two seemed close, and looked so cute together." A small smile flickered at my lips. "Thank you?" She sent me a wink, "I think you should make him yours before someone else does. Just a suggestion."

"That's none of your concern, but thank you for the advice."

He doesn't like me back, in the first place.

Jungkook—

"That wasn't terrible," I admitted, once we stepped out of the office, and out into the bright sun. A chilling breeze tussled with Taehyung's hair, giving me an urge to place my hands on the sides of his head. The elder gave me a boxy grin, "of course it wasn't. I was there the whole time, and you did a great job, Kookie." I raised my eyebrows at the old nickname. A faint smile rose on my lips, "I haven't heard anyone call me that in ages." Taehyung smacked a hand over his mouth, "it slipped out. Old habit. Sorry." I shook my head, "don't be. I like it, please call me that more often." His hand slipped back down to his side, and on his face was a soft smile.

"Whatever you want."

I grinned, "I want ice cream, so let's go." The silver-haired boy frowned, "in this weather? You want ice cream now?" Nodding, I grabbed his coat sleeve, and pulled him along with me. "You can get hot chocolate at the ice cream shop, if you want to."

We walked in a kind of comforting quietness. There really wasn't anything to talk about, but the air around us wasn't awkward. Well. It wasn't awkward to me. I found it all peaceful, and if I could I would just close my eyes and drift off to sleep, right there. I hoped Taehyung wasn't tense, since that would pressure me to talk, and try to make conversation, which would definitely become awkward.

"What do your parents think of you?" Taehyung asked, suddenly. I soured at the thought of my parents. "They make it seem like I'm the best thing that ever happened to them whenever they're surrounded by important business partners or celebrities. But, as soon as those gatherings or parties end, it's like I was never there. They send me abroad for my 'studies,' but really they only wanted me out of the way so they could focus on 'expanding their company.' A bunch of bullshit, in my opinion. The only reason they didn't just strand me in America, was because I'm their only blood heir for the company, and now it's my 'fate' to run the business."

As I spoke Taehyung's hand crept to my elbow, and his fingers latched onto my arm. "I know how you feel," he said, after a pause of silence. "I was treated just the same, but in the recent year I've...you know...changed, and became some kind of rebellious teen, so they kicked me out, gave me some money and told me to never show my face." I opened my mouth, to apologize, since it was my fault that he changed and got disowned by his own family. Taehyung silenced me with a pointed look. "I know what you're going to say. I don't blame you. I did, at some point, but changing my attitude and becoming...like this, was entirely my fault."

I looked down, and the pavement. He's, already, forgiven me after all that he's been through, because of me. I don't find that fair at all. It's not like I want him to stay angry at me forever, but didn't he deserve to punch me? Scream and yell at me? Ignore me? Why was he helping me, and befriending me, again? Wasn't he scared that he would get hurt again? I did it once, who knows if I'll do it twice?

Do I like Taehyung? I guess I can't just ignore these feelings anymore.

But, what's the point of liking him?

He doesn't like me back, in the first place.

Are you guys frustrated with our two mains? That's the point ;)

-Author-nim