35| i will never need you

Taehyung—

No one said a word for a long moment. My parents just stared at Jungkook and I with a mixture of in denial and shock on their faces. Finally, Mother chuckled lightly, "oh, Taehyung, stop acting. I know you don't want to get married at such an early age, but trust me you'll like the girl." Father chuckled, playing along with Mother's script. "Yes, she is absolutely your type. Long legs and shiny hair with a cute face." I wrinkled my nose, disgusted. How dare they continue to act like my thoughts and opinions didn't matter? How dare they still treat me like a child? They have no right after everything they've done to me.

"I don't think you're getting the point," I interrupted them, coldly. "I am dating a man. I am dating Jeon Jungkook. I love him. I'd like you two to get that fact through your thick skulls." Mother only tittered another tinkling laugh. "You're pushing your limits, son. Give up the act. Enough already." Sighing, I brought my hand up to Jungkook's face, pinching his chin in between my fingers. "If words won't convince you, then maybe actions will." I tilted my head up and smiled lovingly at my boyfriend. No matter the situation, he is always there for me. I hope he won't think that I'm using him after today. "Kiss me," I commanded, softly.

The younger didn't even hesitate. His lips twitched into a smirk, before he leaned down and pressed his mouth against mine. Our lips moved together in perfect harmony, causing me to breathe heavily and my heart to beat erratically. One of my hands slid up into Jungkook's hair, tugging on it a little. He grunted, at the action, but continued to roughly kiss me. I wanted more of him. More. Despite the fact that our bodies have eliminated all space between us, I still craved for more of the boy before me.

Our moment was cut short when I heard my mother screech. "YOU DISGUSTING HOMOSEXUALS! HOW DARE YOU KISS YOUR SAME SEX IN FRONT OF YOUR FATHER AND I?" She cried, smacking her palm over her eyes, and falling against Father, who caught her, and glared at me. "My son isn't some gay fag," he spat, as if saying the word was taboo. I gave the two a humorless smile, "you already threw me out a long time ago. My time as your son has already expired a year ago, Mr. Kim. You've revoked everything from me. This apartment is the only thing that is, technically, still yours. Oh, but don't worry, I'm moving out tomorrow."

I waved my hand at the door, "now if you would kindly take your leave, I'd like to pack my things in peace. If you thought I would still be your son after everything you've done to me, you'd be highly disappointed, because I will not be sucked back into your clutches. I am not the naïve little boy you can control anymore. Now, leave."

After a pregnant moment of silence, Father clicked his tongue, and sent me a chilling glare. "Don't come back crying when you need us," he warned, wrapping an arm around Mother's shoulders. I chuckled, wryly, "I will never need you." The elder man wrinkled his nose, in distaste, before the irritable couple walked out of the apartment, slamming the door behind them.

Once they've left, I sagged against Jungkook. His steady hands caught my shoulders, holding me up right. "Are you okay, hyung?" He asked, softly. I nodded, smiling, "I'm alright, Kookie. That actually felt really good. To get back at them a little for throwing me out. I'm glad that I could rebel against them for someone I love." Jungkook turned me around, so that I was facing him. His eyes were sparkling and his smile was sweet, making me melt under his gaze. "I love you, Taehyung." Smiling, I raised my hand to cup his cheek. "Pabo, I love you too."

I'll love you for the rest of my life.

Jungkook—

Apparently, Taehyung was already planning on moving out. His parent's surprise visit only drove the date a little closer. He was thinking about using the rest of his money, that his parents had given him before they kicked him out, to get a temporary place to stay and to pay for our college tuitions. I'll have to admit, his parents gave him a hefty amount of cash just to get him to leave and make them look good. Although, they elder did mention that he worked all kinds of odd jobs in the past year to make money, as well.

We barely had a lot of things to pack, for the move today. I only had the clothes and other necessities in my giant army bag, that I came with. Taehyung didn't have much either, since it only fit a regular sized suitcase. The furniture was small and practical, and could be easily carried out into the moving trucks. It seemed like Taehyung had always been meaning to move out of this apartment, anyway.

We rode the bus to our new home, since neither of us had cars. There was only one more available seat, so I decided to sit down, and pull Taehyung onto my lap. He squeaked at the sudden action, and turned to glare at me I only gave a cheeky grin in return. I noticed the dirty looks thrown our way, but ignored them. Taehyung didn't care about other's opinions, and I never bothered, anyway. To hell with prejudice and unfair old traditions.

Just to rub it in to those who were giving us death glares, I snuggled my face into the elder's neck, inhaling his scent. "You smell good, hyungie," I teased, mouth pressed against his skin. "Stop, we're in public, you pabo!" He hissed through his teeth. I only lightly chuckled, placing a line of kisses down the back of his neck. "You're too cute, baby." He smacked the side of my thigh, "stop it!" A smirk grew on my lips, as I slipped my arms around his small waist, pulling him closer to my chest. "Sorry, you're just too easy to make fun of," I admitted, resting my chin on his shoulder.

My heart swelled when I saw the bright red tint on his ears and neck. I can't believe this angel sent from the heavens is my boyfriend. I can't believe I even had the audacity to hurt him down back then. I can't believe I was so oblivious to his feelings and to my own. Although, the guilt will still lie in the back of my brain and weigh in my heart, I wouldn't want to change anything about the past. If things hadn't played out like it had back then, would I still be holding the silver-haired male before me, now? Would I love him like I do now?

I want to cherish him forever.

Kim Taehyung.

I'll love you for the rest of my life.

It sounds like the book is ending soon, and...it is. BUT HOLD YOUR HORSES WE AIN'T DONE YET! I STILL HAVE LIKE...*calculates* *ugh math is hard* *I quit* I HAVE A FEW MORE CHAPTERS LEFT TO WRITE SO DON'T FREAK...or is it me who's freaking? IDK \_(^_^)_/

Also the key to writing sappy chapters is to listen to Astro's Dream Night and Always You on repeat :)

-Author-nim