14.

14. Play It Safe
Paris
Special Agent Fenty
'Rihanna Forde'

 Play It SafeParisSpecial Agent Fenty 'Rihanna Forde'

—————————————————————————-

It's been three days since we have relocated, I was even further away from home and even more bitter as I refused to hear anyone out. Paris was lovely but I'd rather be at home in the comfort of my bed away from everyone, as soon as I wrapped this mission up I'll be taking the longest leave of absence possible to get myself back together.

I still felt responsible for Keith's death, I haven't been eating or sleeping since my conscience was eating me alive. I tried my best and it wasn't good enough, I always exceeded at everything I did. Experiencing failure for the first time was taking a toll on me. The words of the reporter kept playing in my head like a scratched record.

He never asked for this.

It was my fault

I didn't do enough

All those words floated around in my head creating more thoughts. What if this was a mere test created by Chris to prove something that I couldn't make sense of. What would he gain from his death? Nothing ... or so I thought since I refused to exchange words with him.

I don't know what has gotten into me, normally I would've brushed this off and would be working my butt off to earn Chris trust to lead him to his demise but once I stupidly got feelings involved so it's hard for me to function the way I used to.

I felt betrayed by his actions even though I'm not the one to talk but to think I had crazy thoughts like pulling out of this mission, quitting my job and be stupid enough to follow my heart just to be with him but of course that won't happen... with or without me they'll still try to take him down and if I do help him I'll also be sentenced.

I yearned for a happy ending, late at nights I'd try to think of ways to accomplish this, like dropping everything and running away to start a new life under new names. I've never felt this way before and it's a scary feeling to be having urges to give everything up for someone who might not even be worth it.

I was fooling no one but myself, I can't change him, this is who he is.  This gang is his legacy, he'd never put that behind of him for one woman. This was his world and forcing him into the one I created in my head would only explode in face.

Killing, trading guns and running the biggest drugs deals were probably the only thing he knew how to do. I can't picture him conforming to a 9-5 job. He lives his life on the run and for me that's exhausting and puts a limit on enjoying life to the fullest.