23.

23. The Truth
Robyn Fenty

——————————————————————

I quickly picked up the bag as I heard Chris's footsteps approaching. My trust level no longer existed the minute I made eye contact with Perry, I know it shouldn't have been a surprise since I already knew but maybe I was in denial or I was comfortable in being unsure. The betrayal was even more cemented when my eyes fell on Sierra Sanders, my best friend for years who stood by his side.

"Are you okay?" Chris whispered, I was frozen in the moment until his words snapped me out of the daze.

"Yea, you should introduce me" I smiled watching him shake his head.

Amongst them stood Quincy and Quavo looking as if they were going over something of importance. I still can't believe all this fucking time they were both working for Chris. Was this part of some FBI undercover plans I wasn't unaware of or were they seriously both fake as fuck?

"Rih, this is Sierra and you've already heard about Matthew. My eyes and ears in the FBI I don't know what I would've done without these two even though they both let me down recently and they have some serious explaining to do" I could attest to that, I wanted an explanation too.

"Breezy, I was in a compromised position but on the brighter side you got away" Sierra defended, I heard Chris released a low chuckle which meant those weren't good enough.

"Yo Breezy, before you get any crazy ideas we still need her" Quavo spoke up in her defense that's when my memory pulled out the files of her lying. This is the guy she went on a date with who she allegedly met at the supermarket, the one Perry wouldn't do any background check on. Wow, what else do I need to question?

"Her main job was to ensure we were safe, they both failed at it I can't fucking trust her with shit ever again" He spat, I looked over at Sierra, fear was printed right across her forehead. "Matthew has more value to me but Sierra baby it ends here"

It now made sense why she wanted me out of the task so badly, to prevent me from finding out the truth about her.

"Chris, give her another chance Quavo might knows what he's talking about" I chipped in, they all looked in my direction looking a bit surprised I had something to say especially that. I wasn't doing this to spare her life I just had questions of my own that I needed answers for.

"But you don't so stay out of it" He snarled before he walked off leaving us in a complete awkward silence.

"Sis you about to die" Quincy chuckled as he stated the obvious .