29.

29. Love or Lies
Robyn Fenty

————————————————————————-

"I told you to get me the best strippers money can buy...everything has to be perfect, you literally have one job since everything else is taken care of...nice, okay we can work with that"

On my side I laid with my eyes shut as I listened to Chris's conversation, he spoke lowly mostly through gritted teeth as he gave instructions for his birthday yacht party. He has been at this for awhile so I could already tell it'll be like something I've never seen or experienced before.

"No, she's right beside me...I told you I'll handle it goodbye." He answered sounding slightly irritated, soon I felt the bed raise indicating that he got out.

I listened to the tousling of his jeans but tried my best to focus my hearing on what he had to stay. My heart was racing just at the fact that Perry could be right and I hated that. We have been through a lot and all I could think of was the fact that it's suppose to be me and him in the end and he knows that.

"I'm not stalling, I'm Chris fucking Breezy I know what the fuck I am doing. I haven't gotten soft so it's best if you stop irritating me this early in the morning" He said almost inaudible shortly after I heard the door open then closed as quietly as possible.

I finally opened my eyes, looking around to see that I was alone. I reached for my phone but to my surprise it was not on the nightstand where I'm certain I left it. I couldn't lay around anymore not with the thoughts going through my head. I searched the bed then my bags, however before I freaked out I made sure to check under the bed and that's where it was, no clue how it fell but I'm just glad it was here and not taken.

I'm not leaving, Chris is a broken person who just needs to feel love. I can't give up on him, I think I have an idea
8:12 a.m

Why do I even try to help your stubborn ass? You cannot save him!!!!!
Perry
8:14 a.m

I wasn't expecting him to be on board, I was probably in denial still, even after hearing that shady conversation. I got dressed quickly picking up my purse and headed straight to the lobby, if Chris actually assassinates me after this then he's gonna more than burn in Hell.

"Good morning, I'm aware that you a ball room here. How much is it gonna cost to book it out for tonight and have it decorated" I smiled.

"We don't normally do it on such short notices but I can get the person who's in charge" The receptionist politely answered before getting up.

Shortly after she returned with a petite short lady who looks as if she was approaching her sixties.

"I'm willing to triple the asking price just to have that room ready, staffed and decorated for tonight" I said immediately.

I watched as they both looked at each other for a minute clearly surprised, in fact, I was too since I was clearly working off impulse and fast thinking. The older lady reached for a key then indicated that I follow her. I couldn't help the smile that came across my face.

"I'm not suppose to do this but what the heck it's available so why not? If there's a next time please do book it in advance. What is this sudden event for, so I can call the caterers and along with the decorators to get started?" She asked as we made our way to the room.