Inspirations

Clary's POV

I haven't drawn for a while and now that I actually have time I don't have any inspiration. I tried to sketch landscapes but all that come to mind are demons, weapons, fighting and blood. 'Cause that's really all I've lived through this past year.

Today I don't have any mission and everything has been pretty calm these last few days. Less and less Shadowhunters have to be on patrol and I guess it's a good thing but I have to admit that I got use to it.

Izzy and Jace are on a mission in the Bronx, Simon's out with Maia and Magnus has an evening full of meetings with clients. There is Alec, but he is the Head of The Institute so he is also very busy and even though we have a pretty good relationship, we know when to put boundaries and hanging out alone with each other, that's one of them.

Plus it's good to have a solitary day. I'm actually planning to go to Central Park. I haven't been there in a long time and maybe I'll get some inspiration there.

--------

Central Park has a totally different vibe than the rest of New York. It's calmer, greener and peaceful. There are plenty of things I could sketch here. A family having a picnic, a man playing with his dog, kids playing soccer....

----------

I've literally been sitting here for two hours and even though I'm sketching all of this I still don't feel it. All of them are crappy and they just don't feel right... maybe it's because I know I can't live like that anymore. Of course being a Shadowhunter is heroic, you save lives, and I wouldn't change my life now for anything in the world but what about making a family of our own, having fun and not worrying about demons all around us.

Enough with this depressing stuff, I should probably just get back to the Institute.

------------

Izzy and Jace are suppose to be arrive in the next half-hour. If everything went well. But when I arrived I went to see Alec and he told me that he got a call from Isabelle and everything was going like planned. I'm just sitting in my room now, with my drawing pad in hand and thinking that maybe my life has changed to much to be like my old-self.

I hear a knock on the door and when it opens I see Jace. He has his golden hair all messed up, his clothes stained with dried demon ichor, but he still has a beautiful smile on his face. It's now that I realized that my inspiration is right here in front of me. Because when I told myself that my life was all about demon fighting and darkness, that is not even a little bit true. It's also about friends, family and love. Ever since I entered this world, I met amazing new people and shared many amazing adventures with them. We've had hard times but the good ones overthrow them.

Now I know what to paint and draw about. I have found my inspiration. I sat back and drew my friends, smiling, having fun and being happy. Just like I want to remember them forever.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

This was very different than what I usually do. I hope you still like it! Have a great day! XXX