Disneyland

This story was inspired by a head canon too, but i can't find it anymore. Hope you enjoy because I actually really like it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clary and Jace had been dating for 5 years and as an anniversary gift, Clary had decided to bring Jace to Disneyland. Clary had only been once with her mom, Luke and Simon when she was around 10 years, so it was like she was going for the first time too, because a lot of things had changed.

Jace, on the other hand, hadn't really travelled that much, except if you counted those missions abroad. When Clary had suggested that they take a weekend trip to Disneyland in Florida for their anniversary he had thought it was a great idea.

It was Saturday morning and the couple had just arrived at their hotel room. Clary had reserved them a room at the "Animal Kingdom Lodge". When they entered the lobby they were astonished by how everything was decorated according to the safari theme. 

"Wow, Disney really does everything full out." said Jace, looking around at the hotel that made him feel like he was in the actual African savannah.

"Oh you haven't seen the half of it. When Disney has a theme they don,t stop doing it halfway." She said smiling and going toward the front desk to register in.

After getting their room key they both took the elevator up to the third floor and entered their designated bedroom.

Like Clary had expected, the room was themed like the lobby and the rest of the hotel.

This is their room:

"By the Angels! Clary are you sure you haven't portaled us in Africa

"By the Angels! Clary are you sure you haven't portaled us in Africa." 

Knowing what he was referring too, Clary let down her bag on the bed and followed him outside on the balcony were he had just went.

The view they had from their room was a large field with trees and vegetation. But that wasn't all. From here you could also see tons of animals like zebras, giraffes, flamingoes and many others.

"It's crazy isn't it." Look there's even a giant pool over there." She said pointing next to the fence where the animals were separated from the outside part of the resort.

" She said pointing next to the fence where the animals were separated from the outside part of the resort

The blond boy turned around to Clary and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. 

"It's going to be such a great weekend. It was such an awesome idea." He said giving her a sweet kiss on the cheek.

After unpacking some of their stuff and eating something at the little restaurant downstairs they finally were ready to go at the Park.

They took the shuttle outside of their hotel and it lead them to the entrance of the Park.

The first attraction they were going to visit was Pandora, the world of Avatar. Clary had made Jace watch the movie a couple of days before.

Pic of Pandora:

"Woah. That is incredible. Do you think you can climb up there." He said pointing at the giant rocks in suspension. 

"Of course not Jace! Don't you dare think about going up that thing, I know you think you're super agile but there's a limit." She said to him.

"Oh there's no limit for me....I'm just kidding, I won't do it." He said teasing Clary. 

They walked around, took pictures and waited a long, long time in line-up to do the rides.

The sun was starting to set and Clary had planned for them to go eat supper at a restaurant in Magic Kingdom and go see the evening parade.

They took another shuttle to get to the other part of the park and searched for a restaurant. They reached a square where a lot of mascot were taking pictures with kids. Clary turns around to Jace to ask him if he wants to take a picture with them as a joke but when she looked back her boyfriend was frozen with a shocked looked on his face.

"Jace? What is it?"

"You didn't tell me there was a DUCK MASCOT!" He said walking backward, further and further from the the mascots.

"Are you really scared about Donald Duck? It's literally a guy in a costume!" She said pulling his arm.

"A duck is still a freaking evil duck Clary!"

She finally let him go and they decided to go look for restaurants instead. Clary always found it funny, the fact that Jace was the strongest and bravest Shadowhunter ever but he was scared of a small little animal. 

They were about to enter a restaurant when they saw the Donald Duck mascot grab a kid that was wandering all alone and led him into an alley. Clary and Jace didn't have to look at each other to know that they had to go and see what was happening.

Jace arrived first into the alley and saw the mascot transform into a demon. 

"Shapeshifter." Clary said behind him.

"Yeah. You go through the back and take the kid and I'll distract it."

Jace activated his runes and took out his seraph blade. He approached the demon that was closing in on the kid and jumped on his back. The demon managed to get the Shadowhunter off him but not without any injuries.

Jace slashed at the demon and tried to stay further away from the kid because he had just seen Clary arriving from the other side of the alley.

Clary managed to get to the kid but as soon as she took him in her arms the demon turned around and tied to slap them with his clawed hand.

Fortunately, the red head was quicker than him and swung her dagger and cut off the shapeshifter's hand. Quickly, Jace stabbed it in the back and it crumpled into dust.

They looked at each other with a look that they always had after a battle, a look that said: "Thanks for being there for me." 

The couple made sure the kid wasn't injured, cleaned themselves up and went to the Lost Kid booth where the parents of the child were.

When they were walking back to their hotel room Jace grabbed Clary's hand and said: "Told ya duck's were evil."