Picnic

It was a beautiful sunny day and Simon and Izzy wanted to do something nice because it was one of the few days that neither one of them were busy. 

They were both getting ready when Simon proposed to go to Central Park to have a picnic. Izzy who had just finished her makeup, thought it was a great idea and laughed a little at Simon, because no matter what craziness they lived in he still kept an innocent mundane part in him and tried to do normal activities. That is one of he reason she loved him so much.

They grabbed a basket and filled it with random snacks they found in their cupboards and leftover meals from yesterday's brunch at Magnus's and Alec's. After making sure they had everything Simon grabbed the basket and left his apartment with his girlfriend. 

Where they lived was pretty close to Central Park so they decided to walk there instead of taking the subway or a taxi. 

After walking for a while Simon felt Izzy slide her hand in his. Even though they had been dating for a couple of months now it still shocked him that Isabelle Lightwood, world-known Shadowhunter, strongest and most beautiful women he knew (don't tell Clary he said that), loved him and showed herself in public with him. He never had that much confidence in himself but having Izzy in his life certainly helped because she had plenty to give, which don't get him wrong was great and made him love her even more.

Lost in his thoughts he tripped on the sidewalk step and face planted. 

He got up and looked at Izzy with a serious face.

"Don't you dare laugh."

"I won't, I won't...it's not even funny." And just as she finished her sentence she bursted laughing. 

Simon faked being hurt and said: "I can't believe you're laughing at ME! Forget the picnic i'm leaving." So he started walking away slowly with a smirk on his face.

Izzy, who was still laughing started to catch up with her boyfriend and said: "I'm sorry babe. I didn't want to hurt your feelings! I hope you can forgive me for doing such a terrible thing!" 

Simon looked back at her: "Since when have you been so sarcastic?" 

"Oh stop it." She said smiling and without any notice she jumped on his back and just said: "Carry me."

They made their way to the park and when they arrived they found a clear space in the shade.

The evening passed so quickly as they talked, ate and laughed.

Isabelle had her head in Simon's lap and he was passing his fingers through her long jet black hair. The birds chirping, kids laughing and the distant sound of honking cars strangely made this moment perfect. 

"It's going to get dark soon we should get back home." Izzy said getting up and packing up everything in the basket. 

"Wanna watch a movie when we get back?" Simon said getting up too.

"Sure but I'M choosing it this time." She responded.

"Sure, sure..." He said rolling his eyes jokingly. 

He then, without any notice like she did before, jump on her back and said: "Carry me."

Let's just say he ended up on the ground in no time.