"Growing up so fast"

Mackenzie was getting ready to go to her first party. She had asked her mom to go shopping the day before and they had come back with multiple choices, most of them she knew her dad wouldn't approve of.

She had been lucky to have been adopted by Isabelle and Simon. They were great parents to her and having a badass Shadowhunter mom sure helped with her own training.

She looked at herself in the mirror in her bedroom. She had opted for a high waisted black skirt and a bright red crop top. It was a little out there but her mom had always told her to be confident in her own body and even if that had taken some time, now she was finally comfortable in her own skin. She put up her long brown hair in a ponytail, put on her Converse shoes (there was no way she could wear high heels and not faceplate in two seconds).

Mackenzie arrived downstairs and headed towards the door when suddenly she heard a voice calling her name.

"Mackenzie! Hey Sweetie wait a minute!"

She turned around and saw her dad, Simon, coming towards her at a fast pace and with a look she recognized.

"Dad, before you say anything, it's just going to be a couple of people, no alcohol..."

"That is not what I worry about Mack! This skirt of yours is way way too short!"

She looked down at herself. Her skirt arrived mid thigh and she hadn't thought it would be that big of a deal but she knew her dad only wanted to protect her, it wasn't the first time he had made that remark.

"Dad, it's just a skirt and if you're afraid it'll attract guys or whatever, know that if one makes a move on me I'll pull off one of those hooks I learned in training the other day."

"I guess I can't really argue with that." He said knowing very well that his daughter was very responsible and able to defend herself too.

"Simon you better not be telling our girl that her clothes are too short or too tight because I'll show you what's tight...my hands around you're neck. " 

That was Izzy. Always coming to her daughters defence because she had had those remarks made at her too in her young time and she knew the kind of feeling it could bring.... shame.

"Well I better get back to my LOVING and GENTLE wife." Simon said, pronouncing these adjectives very loud so Izzy could here them.

He waved goodbye to his daughter, told her to be back by midnight and off he went to the living room. 

He sat down next to his wife and put an arm over her shoulder.

"She's growing up so fast...too fast in my opinion." He said in a low voice, grabbing Izzy's hand and kissing it gently.

"Yeah I know."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't really know how to end this but I hope you enjoyed reading this! And also keep fighting to #SaveShadowhunters !!!