Ch. 6

Last night I slept in my ex-boyfriends hoodie like a basic clingy ex-girlfriend

Last night I slept in my ex-boyfriends hoodie like a basic clingy ex-girlfriend. I couldn't help it. In the time I dated him, he was always there for me like I'm there for Alex. Up until I wouldn't give out and he sought someone to fill that need.

But somehow I feel like the hoodie gave me a resolution about how to go about things this morning.

I have to smile and actually try to strike up a conversation with Mason.

It's the plan I have to have Mason talk to me like I'm a normal person and not his small step sister. I don't want to be awkward in my own home. I need to put Mason in his place or befriend him. It all depends on how he acts this morning. One or two ways.

I'm currently in the bathroom scrubbing at my teeth that I always do because I can't stand yellow teeth. Even when I had my braces I still brushed constantly. It paid off, and now I have decently white teeth. Not like toothpaste white, but even those are edited. I don't think anyone can get teeth as white as my bathroom walls.

Walking out of the bathroom, I bump right into someone. I hear an 'oof' and a thump. I look down and see Carson rubbing his butt with his phone, across the hall.

"Oh! Carson!" I shriek and bend down to offer him a hand. He takes it, his fingers sliding right over the ring my mother got me for my birthday last year. Carson stands up and runs a hand through his already messy hair.

"Morning Kenna." Carson smiles when he is settled. I send him a huge grin.

"Call me Ken, its what all my friends call me," I tell him. Carson nods and moves beside me as I start to head down the stairs. Carson shuffles down them beside me and lets out a breath.

"So, any cute girls?" Being in eighth grade, Carson should have some girls look at him with some type of attraction. He's super cute and adorable.

"One. But she is super quiet and doesn't speak to me."

"But she's cute?"

"Yup. I would totally be her 'friend' if she would like...try to talk to me."

"Oh, so she hates people?"

"Pretty much," Carson laughs. I join in as well. This girl sounds like Morgan, who always says she hates people.

"Whats her name?"

"Um, Julieta Ben," Carson says, glancing at me quickly. I go through the people that Braylen, Alex's younger brother, has ever mentioned. I think they are in the same grade.

"I dont recognize her name. Do you know Braylen Finch?"

Carson rolls through his memories of people, his face plain. I can't stop looking at the huge cowlick in the back of his head as he turns around and gets some cereal. "Sounds familiar. He may of introduced himself," Carson tells me. I nod where I am, and pour myself a small cup of coffee. I'm going to need it today. Carson turns himself around and sits in front of me on the breakfast bar.