Ch. 25

Staring up at my ceiling with a blank face, I wonder what Kenna must be doing right now

Staring up at my ceiling with a blank face, I wonder what Kenna must be doing right now. Ever since I've been honest about my feelings with her and experienced her fully, I'm quite sure she's probably the most amazing girl out there.    

    It sucks though, because most of the time, I want to be with her, and I can't because my family is around or something. I really wanted to kiss her at dinner the other day. Now all I have to do is wait until December when her birthday hits and we are both adults.

    Thinking about that right now, I get off of my bed and start toward my door. I pull it open with a huge smile on my face, not really paying attention to anything around me. I walk into Kenna's room with a huge grin, only for it to crumble on my face when I realize she isn't here. I then hear the sound of the shower, making my corners of my lips perk up. She must be in the shower. Naked. I hate all the nasty thoughts running through my mind right now, but I can't hide the fact I am excited for her to walk out. And no one will suspect a thing.

    I wait for the shower to stop, but freeze when I hear a different sound as I am shuffling through her closet. The Skype ringtone. I slide out of her closet and look at her laptop lighting up with the name Morgan. A small smile comes on my face, one that doesn't surprise me. Throughout all the times I've hung out with Kenna, Morgan has become my friend without me really wanting to be her friend. Either way, I'm still happy to talk to her.

    So I jump across Kenna's bed and down onto the floor and click the answer button. Seconds later, Morgan's face pops up. When she realizes it was answered, she starts speaking before Kenna's camera registers me.

    "Oh my God, so I was thinking about Alex and-- Mason! Hi!" Morgans eyebrows raise to the heavens and she grins at me while waving toward me. "So!" Morgans voice is naturally high as she speaks to me, "Where's Kenna?! And why aren't you wearing a shirt?!" Morgan points at the camera, meaning she is pointing toward me. I look down and shrug with a small smile, a little blush forming on my cheeks.

    "Um, I don't know," I look at her. Morgan rolls her eyes and makes a twist with her fingers.

    "Or are you and Kenna doing the deed?" Morgan gets a twinkle in her eye, making my eyebrows now raise in surprise.

    "What?" The question comes out with a little bit of venom then I meant to happen. Morgan notices.

    "What?" Her eyebrows lower, along with her voice.

    "What do you mean 'Kenna and I doing the deed?'" I quote her. Morgans mouth twists, making her face look all messed up but still pretty.

    "I mean, I know that you and Kenna are a thing now. Congrats. And well, I think you already know the 'best friend talk'. You hurt her, I hurt you, yadda yadda..." Morgan continues on while I just zone out, thinking about what she just said. It means Kenna told her about us when we both agreed we wouldn't tell anyone.