Ch. 23

Sitting at dinner with my family is pretty awkward

Sitting at dinner with my family is pretty awkward. Especially since Mason keeps his hand positioned on my thigh the entire time while mom and David sit across the table, talking about the food they want. Carson sits on my left, staring at me with his big eyes as I tell him a story. Mason slowly eats the salad he ordered, only stopping when David or mom addresses him.

    Soon enough, mom tells the waiters its Mason's birthday and they all come by, singing "Feliz Cumpleaños" since we are eating at a restaurant called "Si Senor", an obvious Mexican restaurant. Mason blushes as they sing, then gets delivered a big plate of churros with syrup sprinkled across them. Mason offers everyone at the table one and then eats one himself. I almost moan in pleasure at how amazing the desert it, but hold it in.

    When mom finishes, she pulls something from her pocket. Mason and I both stare at her, confused, but then she grins and offers Mason them.    

    "Happy birthday, Mason," she smiles warmly. Mason grabs the card, glances at me and then smirks. "David and I both picked those out."

    Mason slides open the small box he was handed, revealing three pieces of small paper. I look at them and read over Mason's shoulder as he reads them as well. Then he looks up with a huge grin.

    "Thanks, guys! I didn't expect to get tickets for "Sightly Cities," Mason speaks of his favorite band I have come to know. Due to them always playing on his AUX when unattended. I knew they were his favorite band, so when mom asked what his favorite band was, I said them. Apparently, she was planning on getting tickets. Mason still has a big grin on his face as he gets up and moves around Carson who sits at the edge of the table and hugs both my mom and David. They hug him back, strongly. I look down at my plate, suddenly feeling ashamed of my present. Not knowing what exactly to get Mason, I went to Morgan. She said to give him a pair of white socks and write a note in them saying "To place these on your door later". I was very unsure whether or not to go with Morgans no doubt sexy plan, but when Morgan said she would lend me her white lacy bra and matching panties, I figured it was the right time. Especially since mom and David are taking Carson to this movie premiere tonight with Braylen.

    Although the plan to have sex with Mason seems utterly cliche, I'm actually excited. I really like Mason and he makes me happy. I feel as if we are ready to go to that step.

    To make up for my odd gift, I also added a photo of us that Ricky gave me after we finished riding the horses. He took it while Mason and I were unaware, but its really cute. It's from when we were walking the horses to the lake, both of us looking at each other with big smiles. I look really good in it, along with Mason, but Mason always looks good. Ivory and Whiplash are both staring at us, making it seem like they know about the romance going on between Mason and I. I love the photo, so I decided to give it to Mason as well.

    When Mason moves in next to me, his hand doesn't land back on my thigh. He instead grabs a small tub from Carson as he says happy birthday. Mom, David, and I both look at it. Carson explains.