Ch. 36

When I open my eyes, I look forward and see Masons Jeep with the soft top off and his car playing some soft music from inside

When I open my eyes, I look forward and see Masons Jeep with the soft top off and his car playing some soft music from inside. A blanket falls off the side of the car, but his Jeep is parked next to a pond and the stars look as if they are amplified in the dark light. It's so pretty that my heart warms just looking at it.

    Mason gets out of my car and opens the door for me on the other side, smiling. "Welcome to your gift." He says, waving to everything around me. I look around with a huge grin, turning back to Mason to see he has the stars reflected in his dark brown eyes.

    "It's amazing, Mason." I hug him. He hugs me back, then swoops under me and picks me up bridal style. I squeal and kick in his arms as I wrap my hands around his shoulder. He walks me over to the Jeep where he steps up onto the back, revealing that the back seats have been folded over to make a bed for us. Pillows sit around the edges and some food sits in the corner.

    "I figured I have to give the best to the best," Mason says. I laugh before crushing my lips onto his. He hugs me around the waist and falls down with me on top of him. I wouldn't rather be with anyone else at this moment. Not Jake, and especially not my ex-boyfriend. I kiss Mason extremely hard, only pulling away after a little while.

    "You know, this is super cheesy, right?" I ask, gesturing around. Mason laughs before shrugging and coming close to me so our lips brush as he talks.

    "Everything about us is cheesy," Mason tells me, his soft lips brushing against mine. The bracelet my mom bought me sparkles in the moonlight when I twist around and lay down against Mason a little while later as he points out stars. He tells me certain constellations, making me smile against him. Deciding to be a little weird, I take a big inhale of his shirt, smelling the smell of pure Mason. I sigh against him and sniff again.

    "Are you sniffing me?" I look up at him, grinning, blushing as well. I go to respond when my phone jingles in my pocket. We both groan as I fish it out of my pocket, somewhat kind of thankful for it ringing at this time. I see Morgans name and hold a one minute finger out to Mason.   

    "Morgan? Is something wrong?"

    Morgan is slow to reply, but when she does, I have to pull my phone away from my ear due to it being so loud. "Yes! It's my heart!" Morgan cries. My eyes widen and I jump up in the seat, making Mason jump up as well. He sends me a confused look, but I see worry flash in his eyes when I mouth Morgan at him.

    "What's wrong?"

    "I think I really like Lance! He kissed me and I kissed him back!" Morgan whines into the phone. My eyebrows raise toward the stairs and I listen as she goes on about how she cannot be falling for someone.

    I eventually stop her by clearing my voice. "Mor. I thought something was seriously wrong. Now, deal with this with Alex. I'm on a date with Mason." I say, glancing over at Mason as he eats a grape. Morgan sighs but then says to call her later. I say I definitely will and hang up. Before I can put my phone on silent, Mason tackles me in kisses. His hand slides around my body, hugging me close while his tongue does the same thing. I match him, and soon I feel like our tongues are twisted. I stop, only to whisper to Mason.

    "I love you."

    "I love you too," he says against my lips. "I really love you." I smile against his cheek and then rotate my body around to kiss his neck.

    As I thought before, I realized that I would not want to be anywhere else but here with Mason. And I know it's wrong, but I guess in an odd way we fit together like puzzle pieces.

    He was all my wrong pieces, yet the right ones as well.

~*~

A/N

Thank God this book is finished. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed because this book was extremely hard for me to write. Not that it was a difficult concept, just it got boring to write.