Ch. 33

I open my door only to let my eyeballs almost fall out

I open my door only to let my eyeballs almost fall out. Kenna sleeps in my bed, looking like a baby all cuddled up in my sheets. I pause in what I'm doing and slide my bag to the floor quietly. I turn around to find no one else home but Carson in his room playing video games, shouting occasionally to Braylen on the other end of the mic. I stare down at Kenna, my face probably crumbling. All I've wanted the past few days is to hug her and ask if she is okay. But I feel like if I talk to her, I will end up balling my eyes out. I didn't realize I felt that much about Kenna, but now, I think I actually am counting down the days until she turns 18.

    I want to be with her so bad, I think I am starting to understand why people in movies are all lovestruck and do anything for people. I thought it was an over exaggeration, but I want to hug Kenna every second. Every day.

    Seeing her now, looking so innocent, I don't think I have control of my body as I move over and hug her to me. I'm careful to let her remain asleep, but hug her to me for a long time. Flashbacks of seeing her passed out on the ground come back to me, making my heart squeeze.

    I slowly slide my arms under her and walk her to her room. I place her on her bed, rubbing my hand down her cheek as she sleeps. When my hand moves away from her eyes, I see those hazel eyes are looking at me.

    "I need to talk to you," she whispers, reaching up and holding my hand. I tug it out of her hand, ignoring the burning sensation coming from her touching me.

    I shake my head as I place a finger to my lips. "No," I whisper back to her. Then I lean forward, allowing some part of me to come out, and place a delicate kiss on her forehead. I pull back after, finding her asleep once again. I sigh and run my finger down her neck slowly, closing my eyes and wishing I could hold her just once more. A door opening pulls me out of my thoughts and I leave Kenna's room as quickly as I entered it.

~*~

A/N

UGH. Why is this such trash?