Ch. 20

^Kenna's dress ^

Morgan walks out of the fitting rooms wearing a bright pink dress

Morgan walks out of the fitting rooms wearing a bright pink dress. I make a face and shake my head. She retreats into the room and seconds later, I'm catching the pink one as it's thrown over the top.

    "So I was thinking," Morgan speaks. "We should go as a big friend group. You, me, Alex...Jake." Morgan steps out as she says Jakes name, a smirk on her face. I roll my eyes but scan her up and down. She wears a tight coral dress with a ribbon on the back. I shake my head and point to the fitting room.

    "Maybe. But I don't like Jake that way."

    "Oh come on Kenna. Jake seems absolutely perfect for you."

    "How do you know?"

    "Because I actually talk to him. Did you know he only likes his popcorn in chocolate syrup?"

    "What? Really?" For as long as I can remember, Morgan and Alex have made fun of me because of how I like my popcorn. But in my defense, popcorn is salty and dull without chocolate, but the chocolate adds a bit of dazzle. It's perfect that way.

    "Yes, really. Plus, he really likes you."

    "How do you know?"

    "Stop asking me that. I'm Morgan, I literally know everything."

    I scoff at that as she comes out in a red dress that goes to touch the floor. I look at it, thinking. It hugs her boobs perfectly, curves around his waist, and makes her look like she has a big butt.

    "I like that one."

    Morgan says she does too and then motions to the fitting room. For as long as I can remember, Morgan and I have always dressed shopped for things in a pattern. She dresses first as I hand out different colored dresses. We try them on, she sees if she likes them (with my liking too) and then once we find a maybe, I go in. When I go in, I wait in there for a maximum of ten minutes and then she throws over six dresses, all the colors of the rainbow.

    It's just simpler this way.

    Also, Im pretty sure we developed this when we were about to go to the eighth grade formal. I go into the stall and scroll on my phone for ten minutes until I get a text from Mason. My eyes widen and I instantly slide open the text.

Mas- Hows dress shopping?

Me- Same as always.

Mas- You know, if you wear a blue dress you'll look a thousand times hotter.

    I stare at my phone smiling. When I reply, I'm biting my lip to stop my smile from turning into a grin.

Me- Hmm, why is that?

Mas- Lets just say I have a thing for blue dresses.

    I don't reply to Mason after that, too excited for Morgan o come back. I really hope she has a blue dress that doesn't look bad. I also hope it fits me okay and doesn't look like I bought it from Walmart. Not if it means I can impress Mason.