1. Sister,Sister

ALEXA

Saturday 14th July

"Alexa, you've been sleeping forever!"

I abruptly sat up in bed, startled by my sister's yell.

"I'll be down in a few minutes, you guys can start without me," I shouted back, wincing at the volume of my own voice considering I was still a bit groggy.

I slowly widened my eyes and let them adjust to my bedroom light.

I wrapped my long tresses haphazardly into a bun and made my way to the bathroom for a shower.

Using my favorite lavender body wash and loofah, I began to shower and felt my body relax.

"Alexa! Your father requested your presence at the table immediately!" A hushed female voice notified.

"Would you like me to help with your wardrobe choice," the voice continued, advancing towards the bathroom.

I felt my annoyance slowly creeping its way into my system, pushing aside my meditational shower.

"It's okay Florence," I assured, "Besides, didn't I ask that I be allowed to take my own showers and dress my own self since I had turned 13?"

I heard her stop in her tracks just as I had turned the tap off.

"Yes, my princess, that's right. I'd just inform your father that you'd be on down in a few minutes. Yes?"

"Yes," I replied, wrapping a towel around me.

I heard her scurry away and couldn't help the chuckle that escaped me after.

Not wanting any more persons informing me of my father's impatience, I quickly got dressed in my floral-patterned jumper and ran a comb briefly through my wavy hair.

Deciding on brushing my teeth on when I got back from breakfast, I dashed out of my room, cursing my father mentally on jeopardizing my dental hygiene.

On the way towards the dining hall, I greeted many of the guards and lovely lady assistants bustling themselves towards their destination.

It was only when I had reached the top of the staircase leading to the dining hall, had I noticed something.

To my left, I had realized that a very familiar photo frame that usually hung on the wall, covered, was uncovered now.

I turned my undivided attention towards it and stared back at my own eyes.

Well-similar eyes I should say. Ones that belonged to my mother. Her emerald green eyes danced with mischief, as she supplied a smirk at the camera as well.

Her chestnut brown hair cascaded down her shoulders, and although it was one of the simplest pictures I have always seen of my mother, it was my favorite. There was no crown, no jewelry, no enhancements involved. In this picture she wasn't Queen Miranda but Miranda; One of the greatest women to ever grace the world of her presence, world greatest mom.

"I miss her too, " A voice whispered, as she laid a supporting hand on my shoulder.

I gave my twin sister a small smile and she returned it feeling that that was all that was needed to be done now.

Together we descended the stairs and headed towards our father, King of Celayise.

Isabelle smoothened out her pastel-colored flare dress as she sat, giving our father a blinding smile as a greeting.

I sat next to her and gave my father a nod as a greeting which he returned.

"Good morning girls, I hope that you have nothing planned for the day, because you have a busy schedule today," Father remarked, sitting back in his chair as our breakfast arrived.