18. Judas

ALEXA

We were all lined up behind a row of chairs; Arianna, Isaac, Shaniah, Nate, Adrian and myself.
I didn't really care for being in control of the music, but I joined the game for the fun of it all.

We stayed silent, leaning against the five alternating chairs until Cindy started the music.

Isaac shuffled forward, starting the flow. We all shuffled behind him, bending the corners cautiously and pausing slightly when we assumed the music had stopped. After strolling around the chair three times; the music stopped. I lunged for the nearest chair, pushing Adrian out of the way.
He rushed around to the other side, but Nate had beat him to it.

He let out a frustrated groan as he realized he had lost on the first round.
"Oh thank God, I can really do without listening to rap whole day." Isaac laughed as we all stood up.
Adrian grumpily removed a chair and they rearranged the chairs like before, alternating the direction of every other one.

Again, Isaac stood in front, leading the five of us, Nate close behind me.
Adrian mischievously sauntered over to his aunt and took over the music.
"Oh I'm going to have so much fun with this," He chuckled, tilting the phone in his hand.

He started the music, a familiar rap song I've heard Graham play before, and Isaac started to walk forward. We all stumbled slightly as Adrian intentionally paused briefly every few seconds, to fool us into thinking that the song has ended.

"Can you stop that?" Shaniah hissed, although a smile was plastered onto her face.

"As you wish."
The music stopped abruptly, and I spun around the corner as Isaac had stolen the seat right before me. Arianna who had just passed the chair that I was approaching, ran around to attempt to steal it from me, but I sat quickly.
She pouted, stomping her foot playfully.
"Better luck next time sis," Isaac laughed, as he stood and ruffled her hair.

She skipped her way back to the swing and looked on as Isaac removed another chair and arranged the chairs once again.

This time, it wasn't long before Adrian stopped the music: another rap song, and I dashed unto a free chair ahead of me. Nate dashed around me and took the other chair that was facing in the same direction as me. Shaniah and Isaac however- were currently fighting over the last chair.

"My butt is in the chair!" Isaac exclaimed.
Shaniah pouted as she twisted in his lap, "But we sat at the same time."

"Nuh uh. No buts. Only butt that matters is my own that sat first in this very chair. " He said smugly.

Shaniah rose from his lap and narrowed her eyes at him, "Fine."
She made her way over to Adrian and Cindy and sat atop the table.

Adrian resumed the song after Nate had removed another chair; leaving us with two.

The three of us walked around the two alternating chairs, stumbling as Adrian teased us with pausing the music again.

What felt like a minute passed before the music stopped completely and I luckily again launched myself on a free chair.

Nate shoved Isaac out of the way as they both approached the second chair that was facing in the opposite direction and sat in it triumphantly.
"Violent." Isaac muttered as he picked himself up from the grass.

"C'mere babe." Shaniah cooed, outstretching her arms for him.
He obliged, walking into her arms and sniffling dramatically into her chest.

"And then there were two," Nate whispered into my ear.
I shivered at the feel of his breath on my neck and tried to remove the extra chair as calmly as I could, without him seeing the effect that had on me.