17. A familiar face

NATE

Wednesday 15th August

"Wakey wakey sleepy head."

"NATEEEEE"

"WAKE UP!!"

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see Alexa hovering over me. Her piercing green eyes bore into me, as I willed my body to fully wake up. It was only when I tried to move, did I realize she was sitting on my lap, straddling me, as she hovered over my face.

"Yay, you're up! Happy birthday!" She grinned, moving away from my face, her arms outstretched as if to embrace me, but she hesitated and let them fall at her sides.

Bits and pieces of the night before's conversation came rushing back to me and I immediately felt guilty for causing her hesitance. She clearly was oblivious to the fact that I really and truly liked her.

I'm completely infatuated with Princess Alexandria Alesandra, from lineage of Ainsworths: leaders of Celayise.

And I can't have her. She could never be mine.

Just her close proximity, her warm smiles and gazes, her simplest touches were enough to pull at my heart strings.

I hated it. I hated how she made me feel, I wasn't supposed to feel that way about her. She isn't mine to have.

But I hated the thought of making her feel unwanted or rejected, even more.

I was about to make the first move and hug her, when I realized something.

"Uh, thanks. But Lex, can you get off please?"

Her smile slid off her face and she furrowed her brows, " Please don't tell me you're still in that weird mood from last night."

My eyes flitted to where she was sitting, and glanced back at her, "No, I'm just a bit uncomfortable right now," I chuckled uneasily.

She followed my trail of sight and glanced downwards at the bulge protruding from my boxers before her cheeks reddened, "Glad to know I have such an effect on you."

She stumbled off me and shuffled over to her bed.

"Get off your high horse Princess, just a little phenomenon called 'Morning wood'."

"Uh huh, when you get Nate Jr. sorted out, can you join us in the kitchen? We have a special birthday breakfast for you."

I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Then it finally registered, I was 19. Today was my birthday. I turned to Alexa who was tapping her foot impatiently. She was still dressed in her pajamas; a loose tee shirt and pajama shorts and her hair was haphazardly thrown into a ponytail.

"Uh, I'd be right there, just let me use the bathroom first."

Her eyes flitted briefly back to my boxers and her cheeks reddened slightly. She simply nodded before skipping out of the room, her long ponytail swishing behind her in a mesmerizing way.

                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~

After I had used the bathroom and slipped a tee-shirt and shorts on, I trudged my way into the kitchen, where everyone else was waiting.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

I felt a huge grin slide onto my face as I sat in a chair, next to Alexa.

Mom placed a huge plate full of chocolate -chip waffles, eggs, and bacon in front of me and kissed my forehead as Arianna squeezed my hand from across the table.