Bonus (2)

A/N: Ooh, another bonus (deleted) scene? Ya I know I'm your fave!

NATE

Mom had just placed the eight candle on the coffee table when Isaac clapped his hands, drawing everyone's attention his way.

Under the dim candlelight, his goofy grin looked eerie and sinister, although I knew he couldn't hurt a fly. "Gather round Hartleys."

Shaniah cocked a brow and tossed her hair behind her shoulders. As usual, her body was entangled with Isaac's. "Last time I checked, my last name is Evans."

Isaac's eyes flitted towards me briefly and his grin deepened subtly at her comment before he cleared his throat.
He had been contemplating popping the question for weeks, and Shaniah's comment had definitely hit home.

He shifted his gaze to Alexa-who had her hand raised- and shook his head. "Hands down Lexanator, you're one of us now. You're a Hartley."

Alexa lowered her hand and I wasn't sure if it was the candlelight, but I swore I saw a blush creep onto her cheeks.

"Oh my gosh it's so warm!" Arianna cried, banging her head against the chair handle with every word. "When is the power coming back?"

Isaac shrugged, his eyes trained on the flickering candlelight. "Not sure Anna, I'm not exactly a psychic."

This earned him a thump on his forehead by Shaniah, who sent Arianna an apologetic smile. It has been five years and she was still trying to earn her way into Arianna's good book.

Alexa sighed before wiping a trail of sweat from her forehead. Some of her curls were matted to her forehead, while the others were oddly stuck in the air due to the humidity.

"If it wasn't raining we could have been in the backyard," Mom muttered, while fanning herself with a magazine.

Isaac's eyes seemed to lighten at mom's comment and he jerked forward, causing more candlelight to cast upon his face. "It's raining you say?"

Shaniah nodded, gesturing to the window above them. Droplets thundered against the pane, obscuring the view of outside.

Isaac rubbed his hands together, and the eerie, villainous smile returned. "Perfect. No lights and a thunderstorm? Guess it's time for my spooky stories!"

"Yes!" Alexa and Arianna shouted in unison while mom,Shaniah and I screamed our protests.

"Ah man, guess we're tied." Isaac grumbled, rolling his eyes in my direction. I simply shrugged in an attempt of an apology. I wasn't afraid of the stories, but after a few times of hearing them, they seemed pretty cheesy.

"Chase hasn't voted," Alexa pointed out. All gazes shifted to the silent brooding boy seated in the single chair beside Isaac. He had been so quiet throughout the entire night-even when the lights had gone- that it was no wonder that everyone forgot about his presence.