31. Crash and Burn?

ALEXA
Saturday 10th November

"I have the greatest solution."

I propped my chin on my palms and glanced upwards at Katherine as she gesticulated her hands wildly.

"I say we kill your father," She said, her eyes widening with a wild look in them.

"Kat!"

"Whaaatt," She drawled,"I mean he's the main problem in all of this."

I sat up on my bed and tucked my feet under me as I grabbed Kat's shoulder.

"Yes. He is but that doesn't mean we'd kill him! That doesn't make us any better than him."

Kat shook her head as a wide grin spread across her face, "Nearly ten years and you still don't know when I'm kidding or not. Obviously we can't kill the old coot, but can we please get rid of him?"

I quirked a brow and gestured her to go on, although I knew Kat's plans were always far-fetched and extreme.

"Actually, I know what'd lighten him up! He needs a woman in his life, poor lad hasn't gotten any action in a decade."

"I highly doubt him getting action is the cause of his behavior Kat," I said with a snort.

The idea of setting any lady up with my father was a disastrous one. Until my father learned to see things in a personal perspective and to have interpersonal relationships as a priority instead of royalty, I certainly would say that he wouldn't be ready for another relationship.

Kat shrugged before lying back onto my pillow, "Was worth a shot."

She clasped her hands and narrowed her beautiful cat eyes at me.

"What's all this about you and Ex-Prince Colton? There's a lot of talk going around in the entertainment  news."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and felt my stomach turn at Kat's information.

"Gee, I'm sure they're saying wonderful things,"I said dryly.

"Some admit that you guys are just associates like you two announced while others speculated that you guys are dating."

I groaned and threw myself back onto the bed, which did nothing but more harm considering the mattress was firm.

So much for dramatics.

"Yeah," Kat said with a grimace, "I'd clear the air if I were you. You'd want everyone to know that it's strictly business... Especially with Hartley."

I instantly recalled the moments where I mentioned Cole around Nate, and he was nothing but silent. He neither objected to speaking about Cole nor derailed the topic whenever it came up.

"I'd like to think that Nate is pretty indifferent about Cole and I, he knows that we're only associates."

"Hartley's practically an angel, I'm literally looking for at least one flaw for months,"Kat cried, poking my shoulder.

"Me too." I grumbled.

Sometimes the fact that Nate seemed so perfect, so charming and such a gentleman, unnerved me from to time to time.

I knew it was wrong of me to be expecting his bad qualities to pop out at any time and spoil his perfect persona, but I couldn't help but anticipate.

No one was that perfect. Right?

"Anyway, you haven't been back at my country for months, how about a trip?"

I turned towards her and curled my lip into a teasing smirk, "Why? Because Harry's returning on tour and you'd be a lonely bastard again?"