37. It's Christmas!

NATE

Tuesday 25, December

I woke up Christmas morning to three of my favorite girls hovering over me, with mischievous grins upon their faces.

"Oh good he's up!" Arianna chirped, stepping away from the bed.

"C'mon Natie, we're all waiting for you!" Mom sang before turning on her heel and following Arianna out the door.

Alexa's grin grew wider as she chose to sit next to me in bed, "You heard Cindy, we're waiting for you Natie."

"Ugh, don't call me that," I groaned. I I rolled out of my sheets and threw my feet over the edge of the bed so that I was sitting next to her.

"Merry Christmas Lex," I said, leaning in for a kiss.

She held out a hand, restraining me from doing so, "I'm not one for morning breath kisses, let's talk when you brush your teeth."

"Ouch," I whined, clutching my chest, "You wound me."

She shook her head but all the while there was a small smile upon her face, "C'mon. Everyone's waiting."

~
"Yes! I wanted new headphones!" Arianna squealed as she placed the black headset around her neck.

"You're welcome," Isaac said with a chuckle, "This way, you can listen to your music... very quietly."

Arianna rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at him, which to no surprise, he caught effortlessly.

"Nate, it's your turn. Open up this bad boy," Isaac sang, tossing my gift in my direction.

It was a small parcel, and whatever was inside was definitely made of soft material.

"Hurry up and open it!" Alexa whined, crossing her arms.

"Okay, okay."

I tore the gift paper away, revealing a folded white T-shirt. I rose a brow at Isaac and he made a gesture for me to continue.

I unfolded the T-shirt, revealing it to be a The 1975 band tee shirt.

"But wait," Isaac said, lowering his voice dramatically, "There's more."

"Their new album?" I asked hopefully, "Because I've been trying pretty hard to get it."

Isaac simply smiled as he slid an envelope across the floor towards me.

It wasn't one of his mischievous, impish grins, but one of his angelic ones.

I skeptically picked the envelope off of the floor, and opened it slowly.

My jaw dropped when my eyes fell upon the glorious gift.

"A season ticket? Holy shit. "

"They're touring all over Europe next year, it'd be a good idea for you to see them. Be at all the concerts," Alexa suggested.

"Wait, you were in on this?"

The two culprits shared a mischievous look before turning to me with sheepish expressions.

"It was Isaac's idea and his money, I just simply had the connections." Alexa admitted.

Traveling across Europe while I saw my favourite band live, that has always been one of my dreams.

Thanks to Alexa, it's finally possible considering that us Hartleys are better off financially. The fact that Isaac spent his hard earned money on making one of dreams come true, meant a lot to me.