3. Good Samaritans

ALEXA

I convinced the guy that I was able to walk to the bathroom by myself and hobbled my way to there.

Once inside, I closed the door and was met with my reflection. I looked awful. My usual curly brown locks were frizzy and stray locks stuck up in the air, there were a few leaves in there. My face was smudged with dirt and I saw a bruise forming on my right eye.

With slight difficulty, I quickly peed and washed my hands and face. Not wanting to get leaves all over the bathroom, I left my hair as it was. I carefully exited the bathroom and hobbled back to the living room.

Grey-eyes, blue-eyes, and an older woman sat on a couch awaiting my return.

At the sight of my painful walk, the two guys immediately sprang up advancing towards me.

"You let her walk by herself? Look at her ankle, it's swollen!" Grey-eyes hissed.

"It's okay, I insisted I went by myself," I said before blue-eyes can retort.

I quickly let myself onto the single chair, sighing at the release of pressure on my ankle. The two boys sat back down, and the mother studied me quietly.

She resembled the older boy undoubtedly, with dark straight hair and grey, playful eyes.

"Hello sweetheart, you must have some quite of a story to tell us," She said sweetly, leaning forward. At the sight of her warm smile, I relaxed. Her smile reminded me of Brenda.

I turned to the two guys. "Thank you so much for helping me,"

Grey-eyes smiled at me and I undoubtedly saw mischief dancing in his eyes,

"No worries Lexi, always ready to help a damsel in distress. I'm Isaac by the way."

He patted blue-eyes' back a little too rough, "This is Nate."

Nate falters under Isaac's movement but his gaze returned quickly to me and I'm met with his sea of blue and I can almost hear the ocean waves.

"Lexi?" His mother says incredulously. Her eyes met mine and they widen.

She knows.

At my pleading eyes, she drops her gaze and leaned back into the couch.

"Where'd you guys say you found this beautiful young lady?" I noticed how much emphasis she placed on 'lady'.

"By the lake," Isaac explained, "She stumbled out of nowhere," He chuckled.

The mother made a weird noise, as she seemed to be far in thought.

Isaac turned to me with a smirk etched on his face, "I would like to know how you ended up there,"

Nate nodded in agreement, the corner of his lip upturning, "Me as well,"

He had a smoky, low voice, like every word he uttered came out as puffs.

The mother rose immediately and rushed towards me, holding my hand gently,

"Let's get you cleaned up first yeah?" She suggested, picking a leaf from my hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we were inside her bedroom and the door was shut, she spun around nervously,

"My princess, how'd you end up here? I don't know how my sons didn't recognize you. I mean, Lexi, that's obviously short for Alexandria, and look at you, how can you not recognize you." She went on babbling like this before I interrupted her.