30. My Achilles Heel

NATE
Wednesday 31st October

"Admit it dude, you're totally whipped."

I balled the t-shirt I was folding, in my fists and threw it at Isaac-who effortlessly caught it to my disappointment.

"I'm not whipped," I said as I continued to unpack my clothes into my new dresser.

Isaac snorted and pulled himself onto a sitting position on my bed, "Have you or have you not told both Alexa and all of us that you weren't going back to the palace after the ball?"

I pretended to not hear as I whistled a tune while continuing to unpack the boxes.

We had only moved in a few days before and I was already growing tired of unpacking.
The past two months had been extremely hectic and full of changes.

Not only did Isaac get accepted into Vista under the evening classes- due to his new job that Shaniah's sister had arranged for him- but he had recently started to work in such job and he was loving the responsibility.

I was constantly visiting colleges over the past two months but nothing had peaked my interest.

Isaac decided to tease me some more.
"You went back like.... five times."

"Three." I corrected, all the while avoiding his smug face.

Since our first date, against my gut feelings, I visited Alexa twice. I initially didn't plan to -but after rudely ending our phone call when my career advisor had called- I had to make it up to her by visiting her to brighten her day.

Both times were very brief considering being interrupted by her dad's assistant demanding her presence for some important Princess situation.

"At least you guys are having some quality time, just as a couple this time," Isaac said, "It bothered me to see you with this dopey look on your face whenever Alexa was around the house, and she was so oblivious."

I threw the empty box in the corner of the room, and sat on my newly made bed.
"We're not a couple yet..."

Isaac rolled his eyes, "Yet you come back with a hickey every time you go there."

"All we do is make out! I swear!"

I thought Isaac would have been relieved by my statement but instead he sighed and pursed his lips, "Damn. Thought you were getting some real action."

I scoffed while attempting to shove him off my bed with my foot. It was to no avail, the idiot was like a log.

I decided to give up and leaned back into my pillow, "So how's work?"

Isaac shrugged, " It's okay I guess, grateful for the temporary job until I get my career in I.T going... plus this way, I can save up for Shaniah and I's future."

The weird unsettling feeling returned in my stomach whenever Isaac mentioned his future with Shaniah.
I was in no way jealous of them, I was super elated that they finally got engaged, yet there was a nagging odd feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever the topic was brought up.

I had a suspicion of what was the cause of it, but I didn't want to accept the fact that I was being selfish.
Isaac's three years older than me, and  foot ahead into his new life.