15. Tangled?

ALEXA

Sunday 12th August

I woke up on the morning of the 12th to Nate murmuring in his sleep. I was quite the light sleeper; a simple footstep down the hall or raindrops on the window was sure to awaken me.

After a few minutes of him tossing and turning, he finally stilled and snuggled back into his pillow.

But I was still wide awake.

Sighing to myself, I pushed myself off the bed and shuffled out the door and on my way to the living room.

Isaac was already there in his pajamas and glasses like the last time, eating a bag of skittles while his eyes were trained on the television.

"Isaac!"

He jumped, a few of the candy spilling out of the pack. When he realized this, he pushed the glasses further on the bridge of his nose and tried his best to glare menacingly at me.

I wondered if there was an angry bone in his body. He was too joyful for his own good.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I took the seat next to him. He silently scooped up the fallen candy and set them on the table before glancing at me with a lopsided smile.

"No worries love, are you okay though? It's pretty late."

"Nate woke me up with his sleeptalking," I muttered, "I'm not going back to sleep anything soon."

He rolled his eyes and say back into the chair, "I don't know what mom was thinking to let Nate be your roommate. I'm obviously the best option."

He smirked and I slapped his arm playfully, "Sure. You'd be the perfect roommate. Because you're hardly in the room actually sleeping!"

I gestured between him and the television. Sure enough, another Harry Potter film was showing.

He shrugged, his eyes flickering back over to the television screen, "It's not usually like this, I'm just having troubles sleeping these days."

I thought back to the last time we had stayed up late and he had been in an odd mood, "Are you sure everything's okay?"

He nodded too immediately that I knew that it was a lie, "Yeah! As I said before, just thinking some things over.. you know?"

"No. I don't know."

He rolled his eyes and gestured at the screen, "Never mind it, you up for another Harry Potter film?"

His eyes grazed the screen for a millisecond before he smiled sheepishly,

"Actually, nevermind. It's the Half-blood Prince, I really don't intend to make you uncomfortable."

He shuffled in his seat as he searched for the remote, quick to change the channel because I had told him previously about my fear of the later Harry Potter films.

"Isaac, it's fine. I met you watching the movie, it's okay I'll watch it."

He quirked an eyebrow, watching me skeptically, "You sure?"

I nodded as I snuggled up into the warm pillow and allowed my eyes to settle onto the screen.

I felt his warm strong hand clasp my forearm, "If it gets too much, never fear! Your courageous older brother is here!"

My chest flipped at his words and I peeked my head around my curls to smile gratefully at him, "Brother?"

He grinned blindingly at me before it faltered, "Oh, that wasn't weird, was it? Sorry, it's just that we've gotten so close within a short space of time, you're practically my sis-"