19. Missing Piece

A/N: *throws candy and chocolate at you guys while backing away*

So. I know that was evil of me to leave you all with a sad ending like that for a whole two weeks. Luckily I have written a lot of the chapters in advance it's just to edit and stuff so I decided to edit these two and post even though I have a lot of work to do bc I love you guys❤

Thanks so much for supporting this book, it's blown up so fast in a month and I can't begin to express how happy I am!❤❤

For the whole lot of you who ranted away in my pms I'm sorry again for leaving an ending like that😂.

But I guess I did my job right if I left you emotional right? Hehe. Anyways I'm talking too much, enjoy these two chapters! Show them love!

___________________________________

NATE
Saturday 18th August

My eyelids fluttered open when I felt pressure on the edge of my bed, I shamefully briefly hoped it was Alexa, only before reality came crashing down on me, that she was gone.
She wasn't coming back.

"Hey bro," Isaac chirped, nudging my bare shoulder.
I gave him a simple nod as my gaze flitted away from him and towards the ceiling.
I didn't want him to be staring back at me with those pitiful eyes.

I heard a rustling noise and I gazed over at him to see him brandish a Brown paper bag,
"Got you your favourite sandwich from that diner, plus three Kit-Kat bars."

I sat up and took the bag from him as I cast him a sheepish sideways glance, "Thanks man."

He opened his mouth to say something and then he firmly closed it, giving me an awkward tightlipped smile.

I ripped the wrapper off of one of the Kit-Kat bars and snapped one of the bars off before crunching into it, Isaac spoke up.

"I was thinking that we should go do something together. Watch a movie or we can hit the club later? Maybe we can go check up and Adrian and our old buds from school?"

I swallowed as I pondered over his words. I glanced over at him to see that he was watching me expectantly with a pitiful expression in his eyes. The same one everyone seemed to hold as they looked at me for the past few days since Alexa left.

They knew how I felt about her.

Deciding to change the subject for a brief moment, I asked him a question,
"Hey. So how's the newly engaged life going? I see that you went through with it." I chuckled, reminiscing about the talk we both had two days before he proposed.

>>>

Monday 13th July

"Uh. Nate? Can I talk to you for a second?"
I glanced up from my phone and nodded at a nervous Isaac who stood at the doorway.

I gestured at the motionless Alexa that was fast asleep in her bed, "Just be careful, I don't want her to wake up. "

Isaac snuck a glance at her as he made his way over to my bed and he nodded.

He quietly sat at the edge of my bed and rubbed his hands together anxiously.

"Isaac... what'd you do? I haven't seen you look this nervous since the day you had to meet Shaniah's parents."

Isaac let out a sound that was cross between a chuckle and a groan and I narrowed my eyes,
"What'd you do?"

His eyes widened and his usual impish grin was back, "It's not what I did. It's what I'm about to do."