23. Birthday Celebrations 1.2

ALEXA

Dedicated to amirasyuha
Happy Birthday!!❤

I surged forward wrapping my arms around him and he pulled me in by my waist.

"How are you here?" I choked out, blinking away my tears. One escaped, rolling down my cheek and Nate swiped it away.

"Isaac's motorcycle."

I shoved him away playfully, "No you dummy, I mean how are you here at this ball? Security is pretty strict."

He stepped back and as he lowered his head I saw the source of the shimmering from his head. A crown.

"I'm royalty for the night," He explained, grazing the crown with his fingertips.

"You do know that none of the royals here are wearing their crowns right?"

Nate's face fell and he grumbled under his breath as he removed the beautiful crown and shoved it in his tuxedo inner pocket.

"I'm not even going to bother to ask about the crown when there are millions of other important questions."

He folded his arms and stepped back to that he was leaning against the banister, "Ask away Princess,"

I had too many questions swimming around in my head that I stood dazed, unable to decide which I should have asked first.

As if sensing my confusion, Nate started to speak, "Your sister and Graham visited today-"

"What?" I gasped, interjecting his sentence.

"Yeah we were pretty surprised too. But they both visited and asked for our version of the story. And then I don't know what you told her, but your sister insisted that I was invited."

I felt my cheeks grow warm and ducked my head so that Nate couldn't have seen that I was blushing.

If Nate noticed, he didn't comment on it, "It's so weird how you two have the same face yet the second she arrived with Graham, we just knew, it wasn't you."

"And guess what?" He asked.

I smiled, "What?"

"They cancelled Chase's check. They came to take mom's information, the reward is ours now."

I couldn't restrain the squeal that came out of me, luckily the bass of the music partly drowned the sound.

"That's amazing! Oh my God! I'm so happy! You guys deserved it."

Nate returned a smile then, and his eyes flickered over my face and trailed downwards to my dress. When they returned to my eyes, his smile grew wider, "It's only been a week but I've missed you so much."

When I took a few seconds hesistance to reply, he shook his head, "I'm pathetic I know."

"Nate. You're not. I've missed you so much it hurt." I said, stepping forward as buried my face in his chest.

"You look beautiful, absolutely gorgeous," Nate murmured into my ear.

I didn't know whether it was the cold breeze or Nate's breath near my neck that made me shiver.

I stepped back and made a show of flaunting my dress, by spinning in a circle.

"This is the real me, Princess Alexandria. You like?"

His eyes assessed me for barely five seconds before he spoke, "No."

I felt my shoulders slump. Nate really was confusing; I didn't know how he felt about me, he was affectionate one minute, cold and rejecting my touch in the next.