27. This Means War (Harsh)

As Dee took in how and why I had stiffened on seeing Alana Peterson, I knew I had to do something – and do it soon too. Since Ma and Papa knew about what happened, but none of the others did, "He (I) lost interest in the project" could no longer be an excuse about why that restaurant had closed. Sure, it had been my dream to make it big. Sure, I had invested a lot of my saved pocket money (for almost 5 years) in it. But why would I have ever told relatives I meet once in a blue moon that because of some stupid food blogger, my investors had withdrawn and I had to shut shop?

Of course, Ma and Papa understood where I came from. But if Alana was here and that too, with wonderful potential to spill the beans about me to all these people, I had to act and act quick. The good news is that we have never met before – but in my fury when I found out about the blogger who ruined my dream of owning a restaurant, I had not so subtly found out everything I could, about her – and hence, I would recognise that face anywhere. ANY where.

"You have to talk to her", said Dee, trying to sound as calm as she could. I knew she was trying not to get hysterical, but I noticed. "Dee, what do I tell her? Hey! I'm Harsh. You might not know me, but you have successfully ruined my dreams and because of you, I am not entitled to get another license to open an eatery for the next two years. Nice to meet you?" I barked.

Defeated, Dee looked at me with her eyes full of remorse, and without a doubt, I mirrored her expression. After a few long minutes of silence, she came and leaned on the car, next to where I was standing and said, "Harshu.. You're my best friend. But I must tell you that running away from this situation will only make it worse. Talk to her. If need be, tell her to keep your secret, at least here."

"Strong chance of that succeeding!" I scoffed at her – cutting her off and then continuing, "when she didn't bother to keep quiet the first time around, what makes you think she'll keep her mouth shut now?"

When Deeksha didn't reply, I thought I had won this debate. But my mind was still in overdrive, trying to think of how to tackle this little problem.

Finally breaking her silence, my not-so-little any more sister said, "I have a plan. But.. as usual, you won't like it."

"I'll be damned if I ever do – just make sure it works", I said matching Dee's mischievous grin with my own. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMGosh WHAT? 

I'm just gonna go and continue writing, okay?

If you've liked these twists so far, lemme know by hitting the vote!

Okay then - byeeee! 

xoxox

PS - I'm drooling over this pic (above) of Alana because she looks sooooooo gorgeous *_*