81. 100 KMPH (DEVEN)

(This is a small chapter but I thought it's important because I'm the biggest shipper of Dee and Dev in the world! Also, because this is SUCH a natural scene between the two of them! AWWWWWW!

Gif above ^ is Dee throughout this chapter. 

Enjoy this cutesy Dee-Dev chapter and don't forget to gimme a vote! (It's free! :P) 

xoxo

Smriti)

You like me? – she asked. Like would have be an understatement, had she not been so oblivious to things.

This girl IS going to be the death of me. And why does she look so shocked? Does she not feel the connection?– a part of me wondered. Not relying on the pessimism that told me I shouldn't have been honest with her, I resort to the only form of communication I am fluent at: sarcasm.

"No Deeksha – OF COURSE I don't like you. I go sit in random cozy gardens with every girl I meet, skipping my elder brother's engagement...no?", I finish with a scoff. As I speak, a range of emotions flit through Dee's face – hurt, surprise, understanding and then, settles on anger. Wait – why would she be angry? Did I finally say something to mess up again?

"And you choose a frickin PARKING LOT TO TELL ME THAT?" she asks, losing it towards the end of her question. Frantically looking around, she looks like she is searching for someone before asking me, "Is this a prank?"

"ARE YOU EVEN REAL?!?! Holy Cow, Dee – we are waiting for Viren – to catch him if he flees. I am a lot of things, Deeksha – but I am not stupid enough to go making confessions to the girl I like in a parking lot while plotting to save her brother from his evil boss. Neither am I that cool... though I would like to be, someday", I say. How could she even think I'd prank her about something like this?

A slow, sly smile makes its way onto Dee's face. Wait – why was she smiling?

"So, you do like me. I just tricked you into saying it without sarcasm." She smirked.

Eyebrows raised of their own accord, I'm sure my face could in that moment be used as an example of incredulity in drama classes. "You... are.. Utterly.." I say and Dee finishes it for me with "Impossible", unable to hide her grin.

"And Dev – as much as I'd like to stand here and finish this conversation with you, Viren just stepped out of the hall. And there are fifteen other people with him.. Come here", she says and drags me to her car, quickly unlocking the door and opening the bonnet.

"Smart" I whisper as I realise her plan and pretend to fix something in her car, unable to calm my racing heart – beating at a hundred miles an hour – for more reasons than one.