73. Dev And Deeksha, Sitting On A Tree (Deven)

(Awwwiiieesss :D - for the gif - which os perfect for the feel of this chapter. 

Also because Damon Salvatore is one of my favourite characters. #Delena_Forever #Stefancangth 

Remember to show me some love on this, especially if you love TVD!)

"She actually calls back after promising to call back... She's a keeper, bro!!!" shouted Tanay, on seeing Deeksha's name appear on my phone screen as we were watching a movie in my flat.

Making a face at him, I said, "Now Shhhhhhhh. Watch the movie", while simultaneously answering the call. However, before either Dee or I could get past saying "Hello" to each other, Tanay broke into a song in his loudest possible voice:

"DEV AND DEEKSHA!

SITTING ON A TREE!!!

K I S"

He didn't get to finish the line, because I picked up a cushion from my couch and threw it in his face, effectively cutting him off.

At the end of the line, Dee was laughing when I got back to her. "Dee - I'm so sorry about that", I said, stepping into the balcony before shutting the door behind me, lest Tanay should get any other brilliant idea.

Still laughing, she says, "No no! It's completely alright. I'm assuming Tanay is not happy about you making a call when you're supposed to be hanging out with him."

"Yeah.. well.. He's a big boy, he can survive on his on for a few minutes", I say, almost wistful that this even happened, though Deeksha was nothing but a sport about the whole thing. At least, she had a sense of humour, unlike most of the girls I've seen Tanay date.

"True.. So.. You wanted to talk? Sorry - I was in the midst of helping Ma clear the table", she says candidly. Usually, if someone gave me those many details, I would ask them to stop but strangely, with Dee - not only did I mind - I almost.. almost asked her to go on.

Instead, of course, I said, "Don't worry about it - just wanted to give you an update about tomorrow."

"I swear - neither Harsh nor I have said anything", she says, referring to Sneha, for whom the whole surprise proposal was planned, the next day.

"Awesome" I say

"Alana has her story ready too - and just make sure you come by in the morning to drop off your clothes at Vish's place. We'll be helping Alana get ready for Vish's office event as we're calling it - in your flat" she says.

"Of course - don't worry" I say.

There is a long moment of silence over the phone between us, where we both have unanswered questions about what is about to go down with Viren. Ever since Iqbal Bhai was able to confirm to us that Viren was, indeed the guy who claimed to be 'Kumar' to Alana - Harsh was shocked to say the least. Dee and I knew - but Alana was yet to be told about this.

"Dev.. I'm worried", she said, at length. I knew what she meant because I felt the same way about the whole issue. I had a plan to make things far more smooth, but it was a tremendous risk that I didn't want Deeksha to be a part of. But I had to tell her something. At the least, give her a warning.

"Dee", I said, my voice a bare whisper in the windy night on my balcony, "Dee - there are things which are going to confuse the hell out of you tomorrow - but if Harsh or I tell you to do something during the party tomorrow - please, just do it. Don't ask any questions until this whole thing is over."

"What? I don't understand anything. Dev - you and Harsh better not do anything dangerous, or stupid... or.. Oh Gods - just tell me what it is, already!!" she ranted. Exhaling with evident effort, I said, "Dee - please? Calm down. I don't know what or who this Viren guy is... okay? Or worse, what he's capable of. So, I'm going to have some back up as far as people are concerned... But all of that is only in case of emergency", I explained - struggling to make sense.

"I don't like the sound of this, Dev", she replies and even from where I am, I can hear how weary she sounds. But then, her next words surprise me, "Yet, I remember telling you that I trust you - the first time we met at Smile (café). I still do. But hey, I promise not to question you tomorrow, only if you promise me you'll be careful and tell me the details, as soon as you can."

"I promise", I find myself saying without missing a beat. Then with a smile of my own though there was no way she would see it, I said again, "I'll come back for you - I promise."

Somehow, as we hung up and I looked at the city's skyline, I knew she had a smile of her own too.