Questions & Answers (Smriti)

1. Who are you, when you are not the Author of Unfazed? 

Ummm... A Panda-koala hybrid, who likes to sleep. A LOT. But doesn't and cribs about it all day. 

2. Owl or Lark?

Some form of permanently exhausted pigeon. :P 

3. Is Deeksha Bhalla based on you?

Dear Lord NO! Hahahaha! I'm so amused by the number of people who think Deeksha Bhalla was based on myself. I mean, come on! I'm not THAT narcissistic! :D 

4. Is this based on real events?

As much as I want to say yes - I'm not that cool. Unfortunately. 

But yes, Unfazed is 100% a work of my imagination and none of the events have been inspired by real events. I can't say the same for the characters though, as I tend to draw a lot of inspiration from the people around me. You know who you are. 

5. Which character are you most like? 

All of them. I think there are pieces of me in each character I write - from Rohini to Sunil the barista.... and yet, I'm not completely like any one of them. 

6. Dev or Harsh - the better Hero?

Unfazed - was not about ONE protagonist, if I may say so. Harsh had his part to play - and so did Dev. I can never imagine someone like Harsh "being" with someone like Dee and Definitely not someone like Dev being with someone like Sneha or Alana. 

7. Why is there no mention of Tanay in the Epilogue? 

He was away on a business trip. He video-called Dev later but before wishing him, asked "Sanghvi - I heard Deeksha proposed to you and all! Not bad bro!!" 

8. Do Dev and Dee get married? 

Yes they do.

9. Are you going to write a sequel? 

I haven't decided yet - but hey - watch out for updates and messages!

10. What inspired you to write Unfazed? 

Oh - umm - that's a very good question. I'd like to believe that I have always been very fond of stories. From a young age, growing up with ever-indulgent family, I was never denied the chance to hear or be a part of my own wonderland. Indian mythology, fables, the Panchatantra, multi-religious epics: I fed on them all. 

I was always a hyper-active kid (though I don't think I've grown out of it yet) and always wanted to write my own story. That, coupled with a love for languages and unstinting support from some of the people around me in ways that cannot be accounted for in their entirety: All of this led to Unfazed as we know it. 

(So there you go guys! Stay tuned for some EPIC media in the next chapter!!)