Chapter 1: The Perfect Match

"You're gonna do what now?!" My older brother, Lionel Messi, yelled at me.

"Jesus, Leo. I'm not gonna die." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I know, but I'm not having any of this. No sibling of mine will undergo artificial insemination!"

"But-" He cut me off.

"And that's final." He said, before leaving my apartment.

I didn't know this whole idea would get him all worked up. I've spent too much of my time searching for the "one." After giving up on that, I decided that I would undergo artificial insemination. Also, I love children. Obviously, Leo rejected that idea out of hand, saying that I couldn't get pregnant with some stranger's kid but that's what makes the whole process a lot easier. If the father remains anonymous, then I won't have to put up with it in the future. It would just be me and my child. I had lost hope on finding true love.

I was going to do this whether my brother liked it or not. It is my life and this is what I want.

* * *

"You're crazy!" Antonella said, as I placed down a bowl of chips on the kitchen counter.

"Ella, this is something that I want. Let's face it, by the time I find true love I'll be 78 years old."

"That's so not true! Have you even seen yourself?" She asked, raising her eyebrows at me.

"Look-" She cut me off.

"No, no. Let me do the talking. If you think you can't ever find true love, then you're crazy because honestly, you're one of the best people I know. Like, have you even looked at yourself? I'd totally go lesbian for you! Don't tell your brother I said that." I laughed.

"Thanks, Ella. I just feel like I've wasted most of my life searching for the one." I sighed.

"That's exactly how I felt before I met your brother. Now look at us, happily married with a child." She smiled.

"I know you guys care and all, but just this once let me make this decision. After all, it is my life."

"True, but we don't want you to do anything that you'll regret later on." She said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Trust me, I won't regret this." The doorbell rang. "I should probably go get that." I pointed to the door. Antonella nodded at me.

"Okay, well just know that we're always here for you." I smiled at her before going to answer the door.

Twenty minutes later, the apartment was packed with about 38 people. I was throwing a party because I had found who the perfect match might be for me. Not in a relationship way but in an artificial insemination way. His name remained anonymous but all I knew was that he was one of the world's greatest football player.

"What the hell's going on in here?" Leo asked as he barged into the kitchen.

"I've found him!" I squealed.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "Who?"

"The perfect match. The father of my future child." I smiled at the thought.

He groaned, "Tori, I thought we've been through this already!"

"Come on, Leo. It's always been your way! Why can't you just let me make my own decisions for once?!" I was getting angrier by the second.

"Because I care about you! I don't want you to ruin your life or make a decision which you'll regret later on in your life!"

"I'm not ruining my life, Leo. I'm starting a family."