Chapter 29: Unconditional Love

Phoebe and I arrived at our first destination, which was the Fontana Di Trevi also known as the Fountain Of Love. Phoebe admired the fountain, "Wow, I wish I could just get settled in Rome." I nodded in agreement. Italy was truly beautiful. "Hey, let's make a wish." She said, before digging into her purse and pulling out two coins.

She handed me one before clutching her coin against her heart, closing her eyes and making a wish. I followed suit, wishing hard. 'I wish that Brazil wins their match against Mexico tonight.' I threw the coin into the fountain, along with the other people who were surrounding the Trevi Fountain. Phoebe tossed her coin into the fountain and looked at me, "So, what did you wish for?" She asked me.

"If you want your wishes to come true, it's best if you don't reveal them." I said, smiling at her.

She chuckled, "Fair enough." Phoebe and I roamed the streets, admiring every inch of the city and taking countless pictures. We went to the Colosseum, Pantheon, Capitoline Hill, you name it, we've been there. After spending the whole day sight-seeing, we decided to head back to the hotel. Once we had arrived at our room, Phoebe plopped down on her bed, "God, I'm so tired."

"Same, but I promised Neymar I would watch his game." I said, sitting beside her and turning the TV on, and flipping the channels until it reached Fox Sports.

The match was just about to start. Both the Mexican and Brazilian teams began emerging from the tunnel. As the Brazilian team lined up, my eyes immediately landed on Neymar, who was silently in tears. That sight broke my heart. I felt Phoebe place her hand on my shoulder and give it a squeeze. The game ended in a draw, 0-0, with neither Mexico or Brazil winning or losing.

Phoebe had fallen asleep ten minutes into the game while I forced myself to stay awake for Neymar's sake. I had decided to give him a call. Picking up my phone, I dialed his number and waited for an answer, "Hello?" His voice seemed normal.

"Hey." I greeted him, smiling slightly at the sound of his voice.

"Hey. Did you, uh, watch the game?" He asked.

"I did." I responded.

"I guess you saw how emotional I got, huh?" He asked, laughing.

"Baby, there's nothing wrong with that. Talk to me, okay? What's wrong?" I asked.

Neymar sighed before responding, "I miss you, so damn much. It physically hurts, Tori."

My heart shattered into a million pieces, "I miss you too, Ney. I'll be back before you know it, yeah?"

"Yeah, I know." He was smiling now.

"Good, now don't hang up on me. I missed hearing your voice." I smiled.

* * *

One Week Later

"Tori!" Neymar smiled, picking me up and spinning me around. The people around us "aww'ed" and smiled. I buried my face in his neck, realizing how much I'd missed his scent. I smiled, holding onto him tightly not wanting to let go. He pulled away, still smiling, "I don't think I was myself for the past week that you were gone."

I rolled my eyes at him playfully, "Please, you must've been partying all day and night, celebrating my leave." I joked.

This time he was the one to roll his eyes, "You're right. I hooked up with so many girls I lost count after three." My eyes widened. Suddenly, he burst out laughing, "I'm kidding, Tori. God, who else would I want to be with besides you?" He asked, smiling.

I blushed, "I hate you." I playfully smacked his arm.

"No, you love me." Neymar laughed, pulling me into a hug.

I laughed as well, "Yeah, yeah, I do."

Shortly after, Neymar drove me back to the hotel I was staying at before with Leo, Antonella, Thiago and Jeremy. As I stepped into the hotel room, I was greeted with hugs and kisses from them. They were happy to see me as much as I was happy to see them. They were my family, despite either of them not being a mother or a father but what mattered the most was that they loved me more than my own mother and father could have ever.

I stared at the city from the balcony, admiring every inch of it. Suddenly, I felt strong arms wrap around my waist, "What's on your mind, princesa?" Neymar asked, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I don't know why but in all of a sudden I can't help but think about my parents. I know that they divorced when Leo and I were little but I never really know how they were as an individual. I've seen photos of my mom and dad but it hurts that I've never really gotten to know them. Leo never really talked about them, mainly because he didn't want anything to do with them. He was mad that they had left us at such a young age, and I guess I can understand that but I just wish I could see them again. I never really knew what it was like to have a mother's love or a father's." I could feel my eyes burning with tears.

"I wish there was something I could do, docinha. I really do but unfortunately I can't do much besides be here for you and tell you that no matter what happens, I'll always love you. My love for you might not be as much as a mother could ever love their child, but I can promise you that my love for you is unconditional." Neymar turned me around so that I was facing him.

I smiled at his words, "You have no idea how much you mean to me." I whispered, caressing his cheek.

He smiled, "I know it's a little too soon to be asking you this, but uh... Do you maybe wanna... Um, you know..." He couldn't finish it.

"No, I actually don't know." I said, laughing a little.

He did as well, "Do you wanna move in with me? I mean, only if you want to."

"Neymar, I'd love to." I couldn't contain my smile.

He grinned, "Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow." I confirmed, leaning in and sealing the deal with a kiss.