Chapter 6: Confrontation

"Thanks for lunch." We stopped outside of my apartment door.

Neymar smiled, "Don't worry about it." Davi clung on to him. "So... Um.. I'll see you soon?" He asked, hopefully.

I smiled, "I'll text you."

"I would prefer if you would call." He said, grinning.

I rolled my eyes at him playfully, "Fine."

He chuckled, "Say bye, Davi."

Davi let go of his hand, and came over to give me a hug. I smiled, leaning down to his height, hugging him back.

"Bye, Tori!" He gave me a kiss on the cheek before going to hug Jeremy.

"Bye, Davi." I smiled at the blond. Jeremy laughed, hugging Davi back. Davi skipped over to Neymar, clinging on to his hand.

Jeremy ran over to Neymar, hugging his legs, "Bye!" Neymar smiled, ruffling his hair.

"See you, buddy." Jeremy let go of his legs and skipped back over to my side.

"I'll call you then." I said, smiling at Neymar.

"Then, I'll be waiting for your call." He gave me a quick hug before leaving the apartment with his son.

I turned around, digging in my purse and grabbing my keys. I unlock the door and let Jeremy in. He runs into the living room, laughing. I smile at him, before turning around to close the door. I throw my keys on the coffee table and go into my room. I changed into a simple tank-top and high-waisted jean shorts.

I plop down on my bed, grabbing The Fault In Our Stars, from my bedside table. I began reading it for the sixth time. I could never get enough of that book. I cry every time I read it. John Green can work magic. I was so engrossed in my book, I didn't realize Jeremy sit on my bed.

"Mommy!" I gasped, dropping the book on my lap.

"Jeremy, you scared me!" I said, laughing.

He giggled, "Sorry, mommy. Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot." I said, putting the book on the bed now.

"Who's my daddy, mommy?" He asked.

I sighed, "Jeremy, I... Do you want me to take you to the park?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Mommy, stop changing the subject." He sure was smart for a three-year old.

"Jeremy, I honestly don't know."

He sighed, "Okay... Do you think that you'll ever find out?"

I shrugged, "I don't know the answer to that either, sweetheart."

He seemed upset, "Okay, mommy." He jumped off my bed, leaving my room.

I sighed, "I'm sorry, Jeremy." I whisper to myself, before picking up the book and continuing reading. I couldn't concentrate, though. In the restaurant, Jeremy kept pointing out that Neymar looked like him. They both had similar hair color and the same beautiful hazel eyes, and they also had the same tan complexion, but that didn't mean they looked alike. Could he be the father? I mean, Neymar is one of the best football player's in the world, but that possibly couldn't make him the father. I just ignored that thought and pushed it aside. I liked Neymar, I really did but he already had a son from another mother and it just didn't seem like he could be the father of my child. My thoughts were interrupted by phone ringing, I answered without even bothering to look at the caller ID, "Hello?"

"Hey, Tori!" It was Antonella.

"Hey, Ella! What's up?" I asked, closing the book and placing it back on the bedside table.

"I'm outside your apartment door, open up before I break your door down." I laughed.

"Hold on, I'll be there in a sec." I hung up, and went to get the door. I opened the door to reveal Antonella standing there with Thiago by her side. "Hey, Ella. Hey, Thiago! Look at you, all grown up now!" I bent down to his height, kissing his forehead.

He giggled, "Hi, auntie!" He ran off to find Jeremy. Thiago and Jeremy were practically inseparable. It's like they were joined at the hip. Whatever Jeremy does, Thiago follows. It was adorable.

"Come on in." I stood up and let her in, closing the door behind me. I walked into my room with Antonella trailing behind me. I sat on my bed with Antonella sitting across me.

"What's bothering you?" She asked.

"Huh? Oh, nothing."

She frowned, "Tori, you're one of my best friends and my sister-in-law. Don't you dare think that I don't know you."

I smiled, "Yeah, I guess you could say there's something bothering me."

"I'm all ears." She shifted slightly.

"Jeremy..." Was all I could say.

She smiled, "You wanna know who the father is." I smiled. She definitely knew me, alright. "I thought you didn't wanna know."

"Ella, that was three years ago. People change and so do feelings."

"Wow, that's deep." I laughed. "You're gonna find out one day, but until then, it's a secret." She said, smiling.

"It's not that I want to know. Jeremy keeps on asking me and I don't know what to say anymore. He asked again today and I changed the subject, like I always do but he caught onto that method. So, I just simply told him the truth. I don't know."

"You'll know sooner or later, Tori, but not just yet." I nodded. "So, how was your day?" She asked, trying to get my mind off that topic.

"Good. Great, actually."

"What, did you get laid or something?" She asked.

I laughed, "God, no. I saw Neymar."

She gasped, "Oh my gosh! Really? What'd he say? How is he? You guys haven't talked in like forever!"

I rolled my eyes at her playfully, "Not much, we just ran into each other at the restaurant, had lunch with his son, Davi and with Jeremy. We just caught up on everything that we've missed."

"So, you guys were on a date?"

"No, we just ran into each other."

"Yeah, and had lunch together." She pointed out.

"With Davi and Jeremy." I added.

She rolled her eyes at me, "Still a date."

I opened my mouth to say something but quickly closed it. There was no point in arguing with Antonella.

"He's doing good, though." I said.

She nodded, "Yeah, that's what Leo said as well." Neymar and Leo played for Barcelona together. They were pretty close friends.

"Yeah." I didn't know what to say, so it just resulted in a comfortable silence.

"He's hot." Antonella said, breaking the silence.

I laughed, "You're married." I pointed out.

"Tori, I'm married not blind." She grinned.

I shook my head at her, smiling.

Silence.

"Yeah, he is." I agreed as Antonella laughed at my late response.