Chapter 9: The Plan

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"I... I don't want him to fall in love with you..."

"Okay, that's ridiculous."

"No, it's not. I don't want one of my best friends to fall in love with my sister." He said.

"Well, it's not gonna happen."

"You don't know that."

"Leo, I can promise you that I don't have feelings for Neymar, okay? We're just friends. Please, just trust me on this." I pleaded.

He looked at me, chewing his lip before opening his mouth to respond, "I'm not so sure."

"Look, I don't wanna argue with you. Just, call me when you have the answer, okay?" I picked up my handbag, and left his house.

* * *

"He doesn't want me to go with him." I sighed, looking up at Antonella. Thiago and Jeremy were in the living room, watching TV.

"I can talk to him, if you want." She suggested.

I waved her off, "No, it's fine. I'll just wait for his call and hope that he'll let me go."

"Why is your brother so against that idea, anyway?"

"He doesn't want Neymar to fall in love with me, which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me."

"It's not ridiculous, Tori. It's possible that it could happen. You two just seem so perfect for each other."

I bit my lip, "That's seriously the last thing on my mind."

"So, you're saying that you could never love him?" I was silent. That question really did make me wonder. Could I ever love Neymar? I'll admit that he's beautiful. I know that you don't exactly call guys beautiful, but he really was. His eyes were what stood out the most. They were the perfect combination of hazel brown and green. His eyes were alluring. He was cocky, but that's what made him, well him. He was a sweetheart as well. He was caring and loving, and he was just amazing. I never usually thought about the way I felt towards Neymar or what I thought of him. Could I ever picture myself being with him? I hadn't been in a serious relationship since high school. Besides, it was summer so it was usually better to stay unattached. Maybe a summer fling was what I needed rather than a serious relationship. Either way, I was going to Brazil to support and cheer on my brother and Neymar. Falling in love was the least of my worries, right now. "Tori!" Antonella yelled, getting my attention.

"Huh, what?" I asked, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Your phone's ringing." She said, pointing to my vibrating phone on the bedside table. I reached over to grab it, and looked at who was calling. My eyes widened, as I looked at my phone and averted my gaze to Antonella. "What? What's wrong?" She asked, worriedly.

"It's Leo!" I yelped.

Her eyes widened, "Okay, okay. Answer it!" She squeaked.

I took a deep breath before answering the call, pressing the phone to my ear.

"H-Hello?" I stammered. Way to sound confident, Tori.

"Hey, Tori." I heard Leo's voice on the other line.

"What's up?" I asked, struggling to keep the conversation casual.

"About the conversation we had earlier, you know the one about Neymar wanting to take you to Brazil with him?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, I've made my decision."

I bit my lip, waiting for his answer. "And... ?"

"You can't go with him."

"I should've known." I said, before hanging up. I threw my phone on the bed and buried my face in my hands.

I felt Antonella place her hand on my shoulder, "It didn't go too well, did it?" She asked, softly.

I shook my head, looking up at her, "No." I whispered.

"Well, you're going." She said.

I stared at her in confusion, "W-What do you mean?"

"You're going to Brazil with Neymar, and there's no one that's gonna stop you, not even your brother. Your flight to São Paulo is next week. I won't tell Leo about it, and you won't either. I'll take Jeremy with me, okay? Don't worry about anything, I've got this." She said, smiling at me.

I smiled, "Thank you, so much." I hugged her tightly. She hugged me back.

"Don't thank me. I just want you to be happy and to not miss out on anything that's good for you."

I didn't know what she meant by that, but all I knew was that I was going to Brazil with Neymar. Whether Leo liked it or not, not even he could stop me.