Chapter 7: The Big Decision

Neymar and I have practically become inseparable. We've been hanging out almost every day since we last ran into each other at the restaurant. Sometimes, it's with Jeremy and Davi, and at other times it's just the two of us. We'd get teased by his teammates and Antonella about being a couple or how we'd never leave each other's sides.

The 2014 FIFA World Cup was just around the corner, and it was taking place in Brazil this year. Neymar was obviously going, seeing as he plays for the Brazilian national team. I, on the other hand couldn't go. I worked for Cosmopolitan, along with my other best friend, Phoebe. I was editor-in-chief and she was a columnist. Me, Phoebe and a few other people we worked with, are selected to go on a business trip all the way to Tokyo. I practically begged my boss, Donna, to somehow shift the date or move the location to Brazil instead of Tokyo. She said she'd think about it, which probably meant that her answer was most probably a no.

"You have to go, Tori. You're my sister!" Leo pleaded.

"Leo, you know how much I'd love to go but I can't. I have to go to Tokyo." I said, sighing.

"Why can't you ask your boss to change the location to Brazil? I mean, it is football season."

"I totally agree with you, but you know how Donna is."

He frowned, "Unfortunately, I do."

"I still can't believe you went out with her." I shivered at the thought of my brother and my boss dating.

"It was one time!" He defended himself.

I laughed, "Sure."

He rolled his eyes at me playfully, "But now, I have the most amazing girl by my side." He said, smiling.

"Oh, Leo, you know how to make a girl blush." I pretended to swoon.

He laughed, "I meant Antonella, stupid."

I fake-gasped, "What about me?"

"Please, Tori, you're just my sister." He smirked.

I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him, "Jerk!"

He dodged it, "Bitch."

"Oh, this just got personal." We started a pillow fight, just like how we used to have one when we were younger. Those were good times.

"Okay, okay! You're the most amazing sister ever, okay?" He was flushed.

I grinned, "I know!"

He shook his head at me, "But I'll only mean it if you come to Brazil."

I dropped my pillow on the floor, "Leo..." I started but he cut me off, as usual.

"It's only for 2 months! Antonella and Thiago are coming. You can bring Jeremy with you, just please come." He pleaded.

"I'll see what I can do." I said, promising him.

* * *

"Nope, I'm having none of that." Neymar said.

"Oh, come on! Why does everyone react like my brother?" I groaned into his pillow.

"You have to come to Brazil. Not only for the World Cup, but I also want to show you around my home country."

"Neymar, I have to go to Tokyo." I said, looking up from the pillow.

"Tori, you have to go to Brazil. For your brother. For me." He pleaded.

"I... I don't know."

"What's more important to you? Your job or your brother?" He asked.

"You can't just ask me that!" I said, whining.

"Okay, fine. How about you go to Tokyo for a few days then come to Brazil?"

I thought about it for a moment. It was actually a pretty good idea, except there was only one problem.

"I'm gonna miss your first match." I looked at him.

He smiled, "Yeah, but that's okay. Your job's more important than me."

"That's not true. You're much more important than my job."

"Aww, I'm flattered."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Don't get used to it." He pushed me, playfully. I laughed, "Believe me, I wanna be there for your first match."

"Then, come to Brazil, with me." His eyes were sparkling.

"I... I'm not so sure."

"Just do it. Forget Cosmopolitan, forget Tokyo. Just, come to Brazil with me."

"I'll think about it." I said, finally.

* * *

"He's gonna what?" I rolled my eyes at Antonella.

"He wants me to go to Brazil with him." I simply said.

"Does Leo know?" She asked.

I looked at her, raising my eyebrows, "What do you think?"

"No."

"Exactly. Leo wants me to come to Brazil as well, but I have to go to Tokyo."

"Ask Donna to relocate to Brazil."

"That's what I've been trying to do for the past week, but she won't budge."

"So, what're you gonna do?"

"More like what can't I do? I have to go to Tokyo." I said.

"Is your job more important than your brother?" She asked.

"No."

"Okay, is your job more important than Neymar?" I was silent. She smiled, "Guess who's going to Brazil, then."

"But, I don't wanna lose my job!"

"Compromise with Donna. Tell her this is important to you, because it is. You're going to Brazil to support and cheer your brother and your boyfriend on."

"Neymar isn't my boyfriend." I said, frowning.

"Yeah, and my name isn't Antonella." She said, rolling her eyes at me.

"Ella, I don't know what to do." I said, groaning for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

"You've gotta choose between Tokyo and Brazil."

"Yeah, easier said than done." I muttered under my breath.

"So, what's it gonna be?" She asked, waiting for my answer.

I thought about it for a while, before responding.