Chapter 18: Training Camp

The match ended with a score of 3-1, Brazil scoring three goals and Croatia, well technically, Marcelo scoring his own goal. Neymar had scored two goals and Oscar scored the last finishing one. The Brazilian supporters all stood up cheering and hugging one another with smiles on their faces and some cried tears of joy. The team hugged each other, celebrating their victory.

I stood up and ran to the middle of the field, and jumped on David's back making him laugh, "You guys were amazing out there!" I said, smiling.

He smiled, "Thanks, Tori. We're glad you came!" I jumped off his back and ran over to congratulate and hug the rest of the Brazilian team.

"Hey, don't I get a hug? I mean, I did score two goals." Neymar said, smirking.

"Nah, you don't get a hug." I said, shaking my head.

"Okay, see now I'm just offended." He said, playfully.

I laughed, "Come here, you." I opened my arms as he ran over to me and hugged me tightly. He was sweaty, but at this point I didn't mind. We stood there hugging for the longest time and some of the crowd and members of the team even "aww'ed" at us, making us pull away and look at each other awkwardly.

The question is, does he feel the same way too?

* * *

The next day, Neymar took me to the team's training camp. Once we had gotten there, David immediately ran over to us.

"There's my favorite girl!" He smiled, kissing my cheek.

I laughed, "Hey, David!"

"What brings you to the training camp?" He asked.

"Not much, I just wanted to see you guys practice."

"I'm pretty sure you're just here so you can get a good look at us when we take our shirts off." He joked. I smacked his arm playfully, making him laugh. "Oh, you know I love you." David said, smiling at me.

"I know, I love you too." I said, with a smile on my face.

"Alright, well I'm gonna head over back to them and practice. If you need me, you know where to find me." He shot me a wink before making his way back to the team.

"Had me believing there for a minute that you two were a couple." Neymar said, looking at me.

I shrugged, "Maybe, one day."

He nodded, "So, are you up to practice?"

"Me? Why should I practice?" I asked in confusion.

"I wanna see if you can take me on."

"Oh, right, I probably forgot to mention that I suck at football."

He laughed, "You're Lionel Messi's sister."

"He tried to get me to practice with him one day and I ended up spraining my ankle."

"Ouch. Well, I'll go easy on you." He said.

"Promise?" I asked with a pout.

"I promise." He smiled. We walked over to the other side of the field, so it was just the two of us. I was the goalkeeper and Neymar was the striker. "Ready?" He yelled from where he was standing.

"No!" I yelled back.

He chuckled, "Don't worry, I promised that I'd go easy on you." I swallowed thickly. He ran towards the ball, slowing down once he got there and kicked the ball straight at me. I ran forward and caught the ball, falling in the process. "Are you sure you suck? That was a pretty good save." He said, as he walked over to the goal and held his hand out for me.

I grabbed his hand and stood up, "You're going easy on me, so that might've been a lucky one."

"How about we take it to the next level? I'll give it all I got and we'll see if you can handle it."

"Ney, I can't. I'm just an editor-in-chief for Cosmopolitan." I whined.

He laughed, "Don't worry, I know you can do it."

"Fine, but if I don't leave the training camp in one piece, I'll take you down." I tossed him the ball.

He caught it effortlessly and smirked, "Let's begin, then." He placed the ball a few meters away from the goal and stood back. He ran faster than before and kicked the ball harder, and the ball was quickly coming towards me. I ran towards it and kicked the ball as hard as I could and sent it flying back to the other end of the field. Some of the team members looked at me impressively and others cheered. Neymar looked at me speechless, That was amazing."

I smiled, "I learnt from the best." I said, looking at him.

He smiled at me, "You are just too cute."