Chapter 19: The Interview

"You were amazing today and you say that you're not good at football. I couldn't even get one goal past you!" Neymar said, laughing.

We stopped outside of my hotel room, "I still can't believe that was actually me out there today." I shook my head in disbelief.

"You know, you are amazing and not just at football." He was smiling.

I blushed, "Right back at you."

He chuckled, "Wow, I didn't even know you could blush." He joked.

I shoved him playfully, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Don't keep me waiting, docinha." He said, winking at me.

I laughed before grabbing my keys and unlocking the door. I stepped in, closing the door and throwing my bag and keys on the couch. I sat down on the couch, turning the TV on and flicking through the channels. I stopped when I saw Neymar's face pop up on a football channel. He was being interviewed by someone.

"You are an exceptional player, and you scored two goals in today's first opening match against Croatia. Do you think you and your team can see yourself at the finals?" The interviewer asked him.

"Well, I know for a fact that we're more than just a team, we're a family. Not only do we love football but we also love each other. We support one another and it's our sportsmanship that keeps us incredibly close. I don't want to say anything about us going to the finals but I can definitely see us coming pretty far this year." Neymar responded, smiling.

"From what I've heard, it's your dream to win this year's World Cup. Do you think your team can do it?"

"Definitely. It is my dream to win this year's World Cup and I know that we can do it."

"One last question. We have seen you have been spending a lot of time with Lionel Messi's younger sister, Victoria. Is there something going on between you two?"

My eyes widened and I quickly turned up the volume, eager to hear his response to that question.

He laughed, "Tori is one of my best friend's and we hadn't seen each other in a very long time. We ran into each other after about a few years ago in New York. Ever since then, we've practically been inseparable. She came to Brazil with me, and was there at our first match yesterday. However, there isn't anything going on between us. I mean, at least not now, but maybe sometime in the future."

I blushed. Did he really just say that?

"So, what you're saying is that you can picture yourself with her in the future, not as friends but something more?" The interviewer asked.

"Yeah, I can definitely see us together some day. Davi absolutely loves her, and he usually doesn't like meeting strangers but when he met Tori, things just clicked between them." He said, smiling.

"Thank you for your time, Neymar. We wish you and your team all the best this year, and we also wish you good luck with Tori."

"Thank you for having me here." I switched the TV off and stared at the blank screen.

Did he actually admit that he could picture us together as a couple? A million questions were running through my mind demanding for an answer. If he could see us together in the future, then when will that day be?

* * *

I knocked on Antonella and Leo's hotel room door, waiting for an answer. The door opened to reveal Leo, "Hey, Tori!" He smiled, pulling me into a hug.

I smiled, hugging him back, "Hey, Leo!"

He pulled away, "You know that we're leaving for Rio tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, don't worry, I'm done packing."

"Okay, I have to go for practice but I'll see you later." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left the room. I stepped inside closing the door behind me.

"Mommy!" Jeremy ran over to me, and hugged my legs.

"Hey, Jer! How's my favorite boy doing?" I leaned down to his height, kissing his forehead.

"Good. Auntie Antonella's an amazing babysitter!" He said, giggling.

"It's great to know that you're having fun." I said, smiling at him.

Thiago ran over to and hugged me tightly, "Auntie Tori!"

I laughed, hugging him back, "Hey, little one. What's up?"

"Jeremy and I are watching Spider-Man." He said, pulling away and smiling at me.

"That's awesome! Do you guys wanna get back to your movie?" I asked the both of them. They both nodded, smiling. "Okay, run along then." They both nodded before running off into the living room. I followed them into the living room and saw Antonella standing on the balcony. I stepped out onto the balcony, breathing in the fresh air, "Hey."

She looked at me, startled, "Hey, you scared me. When did you get here?"

"Just now. Leo had to leave for practice and I was just attacked by two Spider-Man obsessed kids." I joked.

She laughed, "Yeah, they've been watching superhero movies for a while now."

I smiled, "So, how are you?"

"I'm good. I missed you, though." She said, smiling at me.

"I missed you too. We should have a day to ourselves, you know? Just the two of us and we could go and do whatever we want wherever we want."

"That sounds like a great idea. We haven't done anything together ever since we have gotten here."

"We could go tonight, our flight doesn't leave until three in the afternoon." I suggested.

"Sounds like a plan!" She beamed.

"Listen, I have something to tell you." I started.

She looked at me, leaning against the railing, "Okay... What is it?"

"You promise not to freak out?"

"Oh, please, what kind of person do you think I am?" I opened my mouth to answer but she quickly interjected, "Don't answer that." I closed my mouth. "So, what is it that you want to tell me?" She asked.

"Well, last night I saw an interview which was on TV, and um... Neymar was the one being interviewed..."

She nodded slowly, "Okay... And?"

"They started off talking about the World Cup and at the end, the interviewer asked him about me."

Her eyes widened, "Go on..."

"He said we were best friends and practically inseparable. He also said that he can picture himself with me in the future, not as friends but something more."

Antonella screamed, "Oh, my gosh! He likes you back!"

"What did I tell you about not freaking out?"

"Screw that, this is amazing!" She squealed hugging me tightly.

I laughed, hugging her back, "I just hope Leo didn't see that interview."

She pulled away, "He didn't. If he had, then he would've probably called you first thing in the morning."

"True." There was a moment of silence. "I can't believe he can picture us together as a couple..." I smiled, breaking the silence.

She looked at me, smiling, "I can."